Our client, a global leader in professional services, needs an Administrative Assistant to be the single-point-of-contact for all in-house needs, and to help make life at work easier. This is a chance to hit the ground running, implement ideas, generate reports, keep the office well-stocked in everything and plan a super fun event or three that brings everyone together. You will help introduce organization and expediency so the teams can do their best work while supporting and working closely with the Director.
Who you are
A positive, engaging person, you have a flexible skillset and a willingness to support all levels of the organization, suppliers, and vendors. You are deadline-driven with a strong sense of integrity and accountability.
What’s in it for you
You want to take on new challenges and proactively make things better and faster. You want to build out your role, make an impact, and play a pivotal role in promoting a collaborative culture. If you enjoy the ownership and action of an administrative role and you want to take charge of the big and small needs of a fast-paced professional services office in Irvine, this is it.
What your days look like:
- Complete sales reporting and documentation. You will collect and aggregate sales and project financial data, using Excel, proactively identifying issues. You will create agendas, presentations, and other reports.
- Support executives and the team. You will arrange local, national, and global travel. You will manage calendars.
- Act as a single-point-of-contact. You will be the face and voice of the office for visitors and phone inquiries, and other reception duties, including managing mail and couriers. You will get to know everyone from junior staff to fellow Admins to Executives, tracking office feedback and concerns.
- Coordination. You will actively contribute to special projects. You will plan, budget, arrange catering for, and launch events ranging from birthdays to team-building exercises; from annual parties to culture nurturing events.
- Manage office appearance. You will maintain a bright, clean, and welcoming space, coordinating with cleaning and maintenance staff as needed. You will take inventory and place orders for all office and kitchen supplies.
What you bring
- The education and experience. You have a Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years clerical/ administrative experience as the go-to event organizer, calendar manager, team supporter, and culture promoter at a small-to-mid-sized company.
- The motivation. You want to be the go-to source of information and solutions to everyday office problems. You have the drive, judgment, and ownership to thrive autonomously in a fluid role.
- The intuition and the creativity. You are intelligent, sharp, on-the-ball, and able to anticipate up-to-the-minute needs. You take a unique approach to problem-solving and event planning.
- The essential skills. You are proficient with Microsoft Office. Google Suite and ideally SharePoint. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft, edit, and proofread presentations and reports. You are comfortable aggregating sales and project reports for the executive team and can take it a step further, making a note of discrepancies and flagging items of note.
- The relationship-building ability. You are comfortable working with a team from the newest intern to the C-level executives.
To express your interest, please apply here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.