- Expired: April 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Opportunity to join a leading Aerospace company involved in shaping the future of flight. Our client develops, builds and supplies advanced aerospace systems, components and sustainable technologies- for use in aircraft ranging from business jets and wide bodies to the most used single aisle aircraft and the world's first all-electric commuter aircraft.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Engineer!
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and executing space vehicle contacts.
- Expected to follow procedures for nominal and anomaly operations.
- Develops operations procedures.
- Leads resolution of on-orbit anomalies or operations issues providing status and solutions to leadership.
- Capable of diagnosing issues through review and trending of telemetry.
- Supports system design and development.
- Produces operations related program documentation.
- Develops ground system requirements to support operations needs.
- Supports design of new space systems including: requirement development, conduct of design reviews, verification and test support
- Liaise with all levels of program and engineering staff to develop mission operations plans and conduct nominal and anomaly operations.
- Responsible for providing status on development tasks, supporting development of program schedules.
- Responsible for keeping engineering, program, and customer leadership apprised of operations activities.
- Supports operation of engineering systems by evaluating and interpreting needs and problems and develops effective approaches to resolving those issues.
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, and repairs systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Directs the activities of designers, technicians and may direct the activities of less experienced professional staff.
- May represent the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have prior experience as a Satellite operations engineer with strong knowledge of mission planning and satellite anomaly resolution
- Prior developing operations procedures and training satellite operations personnel strongly desired
- Working knowledge of satellite subsystems, mission planning and scheduling, ground system operations
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and, lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours, nights and weekends as required. Nominal operations support is during typical business hours, but spacecraft commissioning and anomaly operations may require night and weekend support.
BusinessView all jobs at TalentCORE, Inc.