Laboratory Technician - Metallographic
- Posted: over a month ago
The laboratory technician will be responsible for preparing metallographic sections for examination by a staff metallurgist and performing mechanical testing of material specimens. Metallography involves cutting specimens out of a sample, encapsulating them using a mounting press, polishing them to a mirror finish using automated equipment, and finally etching the specimens using a variety of acids.
- The job involves processing a large number of samples daily, where maintaining specimen identity is critical
- Mechanical testing of metallic specimens involves taking precise measurements of specimen dimensions, loading the specimens into test machines
- Entering required information into a database and monitoring the test process until completion. All testing must be strictly performed in accordance with established procedures.
- Experience working in a metallurgical laboratory is preferred, especially experience performing metallography, but not required.
- Candidate should be a high-energy individual who enjoys working with their hands and moving around (walking) frequently. Job requires occasional periods of repetitive motion, typically for an hour at a time.
- Candidate must be reasonably proficient using a PC and have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL.
- Candidate must be able to maintain a sharp attention to detail, since the job involves tracking a large number of samples daily.
- Candidate must be available to work at least a half-day on Saturdays (1 - 2 per month).
AddressSanta Ana, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?