Location - Jersey City NJ
Duration - 6 month initial term + extensions
- Gather requirements from business and technical staff to analyze data requirements and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Document database solutions and present solutions to project teams, the Data Engineering team and fellow data modeling team members.
- Integrate data into existing enterprise logical model and physical data stores to avoid data redundancy.
- Ensure all technical database decisions result in coherent system designs which use the most effective processes and tools.
- Use the modeling tool Power Designer to capture clear definitions of data elements and produce code to effect database changes.
- Provide data modeling, logical and physical, for Online Transactional Processing applications.
Education and Experience
- Degree required
- 10 years' experience in a technical field (analysis, development, database administration, report development).
- 6 years' experience in relational data modeling preferred & Data Analysis.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of financial services business. In depth knowledge of institutional brokerage business preferred.
- Excellent requirements gathering and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage workload across multiple projects and balance deadlines and work.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong knowledge of systems development methodologies, specifically Agile.
- Strong working knowledge of data modeling tools such as PowerDesigner and Erwin.
- Knowledge and understanding of different database platforms, such as, Oracle, DB2, Postgres, Hadoop, Snowflake, Netezza.
- General knowledge and ability to use SQL to query data on any of the above DBMS's.
- Working knowledge of logical and physical data model strategies for relational operating databases.