Our client, the original social media friending platform located in Menlo Park, CA is looking for a Visual Designer, with icon design experience for a 6 month contract, possibly to extend. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether they are creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, they are builders at heart. Their global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Our client is looking for a Visual Designer to join the Visual Systems team, a pillar within Product Foundation supporting their App. They focus on creating, maintaining, and evolving the visual systems that define our brand in the product including icons, emojis, product illustration, photography, and live action creative.
This person will be responsible for shaping and leading design communications across several product initiatives. As an experienced designer, you are comfortable collaborating and providing a creative point of view with art directors, illustrators, content strategists, and product designers to grow and evolve work from a design perspective. You should be comfortable working across many digital platforms with multiple teams, and always be curious and eager to experiment.
The ideal individual for this role is a multi-faceted and innovative problem-solver that has an eye for great creative work, talent, and the ability to deliver and launch initiatives on time and on strategy. The successful candidate should have strong, focused experience in Communication Design. Additionally, the designer must be a clear communicator, a team player, and have a proven ability to inspire and motivate the team to deliver world-class creative work.
- Execute on communication design across several surfaces, creating artwork combining iconography, photography, illustration, typography, and other graphic elements (as appropriate).
- Seek out creative opportunities to improve on existing style(s) and approach
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs necessary to guide development of useful and consistent experiences based on stakeholder direction and self-driven research
- Work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with multi-disciplinary teams
- Produce strong conceptual and expressive communication design that is engaging and reflect a cohesive visual style, voice, and tone
- Inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and escalate issues to keep projects moving forward
- Communicate design direction in addition to being a hands-on designer
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in Communication Design
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume)
- Experience designing visual systems as well as creating graphic design elements from illustrations to iconography
- Strong user interface and user experience knowledge & application.
- Knowledge in digital product design
- Experience creating work for digital surfaces (mobile, web)
- Portfolio exhibits conceptual experience, composition and color
- Presentation, interpersonal, and communication experience
- Knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketch
- Experience with time management, task prioritization, and identifying problems to work towards solutions
- Experience in collaborating with Content Strategy
- Experience in collaborating with Product Designers
- Familiarity working in Tech environments