GC Construction Project Manager w/ Federal Experience
Talent Solution Partners Rosemont, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life_insurance, medical, 401k
* Please complete the accompanying Candidate Interview Questions in order to be considered for the role *
Our client is a growing, financially-stable, leading Chicago-area prime General Contractor and Construction Management company. Our client’s focus is General Construction work for Municipal and Federal Government clients.
We are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Construction Project Manager to join their team of Construction professionals. The Commercial Construction Project Manager will be responsible for providing hands-on management of pre-construction through design / build project activities including budgeting, scheduling, value engineering, bid & award, managing sub-contractors and construction project management responsibilities on various Municipal and Federal government construction projects ranging in size from $500K - $15M. The Project Manager reports to the company’s EVP of Construction and interfaces with internal team members, Project Managers, Subcontractors, Clients & Suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have relevant Commercial Construction Project Management experience with a General Contractor and have successfully managed Municipal and Federal projects of comparable size and scope. The successful Project Manager must possess excellent technical and communication skills, have a strong attention to detail and be able to effectively work professionally as a member of a close-knit team with minimal supervision.
Prior construction project management experience working with Federal and Municipal entities such as US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), US Navy Civil Engineer Corps (CEC), Air Force Civil Engineer Support Agency, Department of Veterans Affairs or Illinois Capital Development Board (CBD) is strongly preferred.
Please include a relevant project list with your candidate submission.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead and manage a project team in delivering successful, high-quality construction projects, ensuring that client expectations are exceeded on each project. Manage construction projects from initial design to final completion without close supervision.
- Communicate with EVP of Construction to ensure each project’s successful project completion.
- Travel to construction or field sites to manage projects, perform work or participate in meetings with clients, subcontractors and project team members.
- Ensure that cost controls are in place while taking on full P+L responsibility for each project.
- Manage day-to-day activities of subcontractors and suppliers, contract administration, procurement, estimating, pay requests, change orders, requests for information, cost control, scheduling, tracking submittals and safety controls.
- Utilize design, estimating, project management and/or scheduling software to complete required work.
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical standards.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering, Architecture, Project Management or closely-related discipline
- 8+ years of relevant Construction industry experience and 5+ years of Federal or Municipal construction project management experience.
- Relevant knowledge of the entire construction process, design, general contracting and skilled trades. Estimating and scheduling experience a plus.
- Prior experience with Construction project finance, budgeting and P+L management.
- Thorough understanding of Federal and Municipal government construction practices, processes and standards.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate, organize, schedule, prioritize and manage multiple project deliverables and keep priorities moving forward and on-track through completion to meet deadlines.
- Proven judgment and decision-making ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without close supervision
- Prior supervisory experience and ability to apply effective management practices to maximize team performance.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with team members, engineers, management, clients, contractors and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface, communicate and build relationships with team members and all levels of management on an ongoing basis and work as a trusted professional.
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive relationships with existing and prospective contractors and suppliers on an ongoing basis.
- Prior Experience with relevant Construction Project Management software such as Primavera / Microsoft Project
- Key Competencies: Adaptable, Collaborative Work Style, Detail-Oriented, Excellent Coordination & Follow-Up, Organized, Proactive, Problem-Solver, Professional, Proposes Solutions, Resourceful, Results-Focused, Self-Motivated, Team-Player.
- Ability to travel to client locations, job sites or meetings. Must possess a reliable, insured vehicle, a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background check for clearance to work on government projects.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Company will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
POSITION LOCATION AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Role may be assigned to work at the company's headquarters or at a field or client location. Must be able to travel within the greater Chicago metro area for site visits, meetings with team members, contractors and clients as required. Occasional overnight travel may be required. Must possess a reliable insured vehicle, a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Responsible for leading and managing project team members. Manages significant construction projects with full project responsibility and is accountable to the company’s EVP of Construction, President and Clients. Collaborates with internal and external colleagues and responsible for developing and mentoring internal colleagues and team members.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / STAKEHOLDERS:
- Internal Project Team Members
- External Partners, Contractors, Subcontractors, Clients & Suppliers
- EVP Construction
No relocation assistance provided. Local, qualified Chicago metro area candidates will be given preference and priority. Qualified candidates willing to self-relocate to the Chicago metro area will also be considered.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS INFORMATION:
- Base Salary Range: Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Benefits include: Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401-K with 3% match, Company Paid Training, etc.
- Other: Travel reimbursement
Visit us at: www.TalentSolutionPartners.com
Talent Solution Partners
Talent Solution Partners is a full-service Talent Acquisition and Solutions Firm. Our primary focus is the placement of senior-level professionals and executives for clients in Consumer Products, Healthcare,,Consumer Products, Business-to-Business Services and related industries. Visit us at: www.TalentSolutionPartners.com