* Please complete the accompanying Candidate Interview Questions in order to be considered for the role *
Our client is a privately-owned, growing and financially stable Commercial Contracting and Construction Management firm in the Chicago area. The company provides Construction services for government and municipal clients.
We are seeking a proactive, professional Construction Administrative Coordinator who will be responsible for a variety of administrative responsibilities with a core focus on supporting the company’s construction estimating team.
As part of the Estimating team, the Construction Administrative Coordinator supports the company’s Bid Coordinator and Senior Estimator with a focus on diligence, timeliness and accuracy. The position reports to the company’s Senior Estimator and interface with the company’s Project Managers, Subcontractors, Clients & Suppliers. The role is responsible for gathering, inputting, tracking and compiling information and assisting with the management of the company’s construction bid process.
At any given time, there are approximately 30 active bids in process which are managed in a detailed Excel bid tracking document. This document tracks key information including the requesting authority, bid due dates, RFI due dates, various deadlines and other key information. Accurate and complete bid documents are critical to ensure that the estimating team can deliver on these bids.
The role ensures that all relevant documents and required information such as applications, bid bonds, site visits, scope of work estimates, team member profiles, needed permits, etc. are gathered and included in completed accurate bids, which are generally 50-80 pages in length, and prepared for submission by the required deadlines. The role may also assist with other administrative support needs as well.
The ideal candidate will have relevant administrative experience and can work effectively as a member of a close-knit team. Experience in Construction, General Contracting, Skilled Trades, MEP and/or Engineering is preferred.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Enter, track, retrieve, update and maintain construction-related information and data in Bid Tracking Workbook Log. Use Excel to capture, track and report data.
- Gather proposals, blueprints, specifications, and other documents to fulfill bid requirements.
- Solicit and maintain communication with contractors, vendors and other team members to collect and review required bid information and documentation. Review front end bid specifications for adherence to procedures.
- Transmit required bid information to subcontractors and coordinate subcontractor bid packages using online tools such as Building Connected Pre-Construction software.
- Build and maintain relationships with key suppliers and contractors and provide contractors with as much information as possible.
- Develop RFI's and obtain clarification on any outstanding questions.
- Review and enter bid information for adherence to guidelines.
- Deconstruct gathered documents into format to highlight and evaluate submission information against bid requirements.
- Edit documents using MS Office and Adobe PDF Editor, as required.
- Review bid requirements thoroughly and ask follow-up questions on every bid.
- Communicate with other team members, engineers and project managers to resolve any concerns or issues.
- Track bids and ensure they move through to completion and the submission process.
- Submit 100% of completed bids by the bid deadline without exception.
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical standards.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITY REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Relevant combination of education and 3+ years of prior administrative experience in a transferable role which requires accurate data entry, the collection and coordination of documentation & information from multiple sources for multiple ongoing projects.
- Prior experience in construction, general contracting, skilled trades, MEP, Engineering or closely related industry.
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills and excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate, organize, schedule, prioritize and manage multiple tasks to follow-through and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with clients, vendors and team members.
- Must be able to effectively establish and maintain relationships with existing and prospective contractors and be comfortable communicating with contractors on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface, communicate and build relationships with team members and all levels of management on an ongoing basis and work as a trusted professional.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially Excel for data entry, tracking, reporting and document capture is required. Must also be proficient in Adobe PDF Editor for working with images and graphics required in bid proposals.
- Key Competencies: Adaptable, Calm Under Pressure, Coachable, Collaborative Work Style, Detail-Oriented, Excellent Coordination & Follow-Up, Organized, Proactive, Problem-Solver, Professional, Proposes Solutions, Resourceful, Results-Focused, Self-Motivated,Team-Player.
- Ability to travel periodically for training and the in-person submittal of bid packages, as required. Must posses reliable, insured vehicle, a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background check for clearance to work on government projects.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Company will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / STAKEHOLDERS:
- Bid Coordinator
- Senior Construction Estimator
- Company Project Managers
- External Partners, Contractors, Clients & Suppliers
- VP Construction
The position supports the company’s Bid Coordinator and Senior Estimator and is accountable to the company’s VP of Construction, President, Project Managers and external Contractors Clients and Suppliers. Responsible for developing and mentoring internal colleagues and team members.
POSITION LOCATION AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Office-based role at the company's headquarters in the Northwest Chicago metro area near Rosemont, IL. Candidate must be able to travel periodically for training and the in-person delivery of completed bid package submittals to various offices in the Chicago-area, as required. Must possess a reliable insured vehicle, a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
No relocation benefits provided. Local, qualified Chicago metro area candidates will be given preference and priority. Qualified candidates willing to self-relocate to the Chicago metro area will also be considered.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS INFORMATION:
- Base Salary Range: Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Benefits include: Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401-K with 3% match, Company Paid Training, etc.
- Construction Admin Assistant
- Construction Administrator
- Construction Admin Coordinator
- Office Support Admin
- Estimating Coordinator
- Proposal Coordinator
Visit us at: www.TalentSolutionPartners.com