* Please note that the accompanying Candidate Interview Questions need to be completed in order to be considered for the role *
Our client is a global, biotech industry leader with a focus in the treatment of rare diseases. We are seeking a talented Nurse Hematology Consultant for this multi-faceted role in Northern California. The Nurse Hematology Consultant provides clinical and professional expertise to internal and external customers on clinical practice, therapy, policies and plans including product compliance and development, operational procedures and the development and delivery of clinician, patient and internal product education and training materials.
The position interacts with clinicians, consumers and advocacy organizations and functions as a Clinical Nurse Expert either directly or through the utilization of internal or external resources. Works collaboratively with internal (Medical Directors, Marketing, Sales, Quality) and external (patients, caregivers, medical practitioners, Healthcare Facilities and treatment centers) team members to ensure compliance and quality of products and provide mentoring, coaching and feedback.
The role utilizes therapeutic and clinical Hematology knowledge and expertise to contribute to the development of new products and the enhancements of existing product offerings. The role assists in Risk Management activities in both new product development and product life cycle management and provides clinical expertise in the development of reports for governmental and regulatory agencies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Provide clinical and professional expertise to internal and external customers. Interact with clinicians, consumers and advocacy organizations on clinical practice, therapy, policies and plans.
· Identify, design and implement consulting strategies, as dictated by business and marketplace need, through collaboration with Sales account teams to determine potential opportunities and how to accomplish sales objectives.
· Conduct customer needs analysis and develop strategies to resolve customer issues.
· Develop customer partnerships through development and implementation of product utilization, and therapy educational programs.
· Provide health education to key company accounts and provide information on key clinical and health-related topics that support clinicians, patients / caregivers and the advocacy community. Plan and implement educational seminars and training programs geared toward clinicians and patient communities in Northern and Central California in the West Region.
· Conduct patient / caregiver outreach and educational programs in English. Serve as a primary educator and consultant to patients / caregivers and the Hemophilia advocacy community on various disease state topics, as well as, the appropriate use of the company’s products and services to achieve business results for patient communities in Northern and Central California in the West Region.
· Provide customer feedback and serve as a consultant to Sales, Marketing and R&D teams on designing and improving new / existing products and customer utilization needs.
· Coordinate / communicate activities and the identification of issues across all teams that interface with internal and external customers (i.e. Clinical Nurse Consultants, Field Service, Sales, Marketing, Quality, R&D) in order to address issues within assigned responsibilities.
· Mentor new and existing Clinical Nurse Specialists, Sales Managers, and Health Educators by providing orientation, education and training on products, programs, and services and their applications.
· Demonstrate compliance with internal procedures, processes and values.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / STAKEHOLDERS:
· Clinical Education Leader
· Internal Team Members (Clinical Nurse Consultants, Sales, Marketing, Field Service, R&D, Quality, etc.)
· External Team Members (Patients, Caregivers, Medical Practitioners, Healthcare Facilities, Treatment Centers, etc.)
· Key Customers in the West Region (Northern and Central California)
Responsible for collaborating with internal cross-functional team members (Sales, Marketing, Field Service R&D and Quality), as well as, external stakeholders (Patients, Caregivers, Medical Practitioners, Healthcare Facilities and Treatment Centers). Mentors new and existing Clinical Nurse Specialists, Sales Managers and Health Educators by providing orientation, education and training on products, programs and services.
Field-based role located in Northern California. Candidate must be based in either the Fresno, San Francisco or Sacramento, California metro areas and be able to travel extensively within the designated region, as well as, for periodic travel to meetings and the company’s headquarters.
RELOCATION ELIGIBILITY: No relocation assistance provided. Seeking candidates already located in the San Francisco or Sacramento metro area or those willing to self-relocate to the assigned area.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 50% travel in the designated region which includes Northern and Central California, including nights and weekends. Additional travel to meetings and the company’s headquarters is required.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
· Bachelors or advanced degree in Nursing and 5+ years of clinical nursing or nurse practitioner experience.
· Hematology-related or bleeding disorders experience, along with expertise in patient outreach work.
· Prior Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry experience.
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving capability.
· Ability to develop and deliver relevant educational programs, tools and strategies.
· Ability to provide thorough documentation regarding processes, customer interactions and assessments.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with team members, customers and internal and external employees at all levels.
· Candidate must reside in the Fresno, San Francisco or Sacramento metro area or be willing to self-relocate to the assigned area.
· Demonstrated ability to travel extensively and work independently in a field-based role. 50% travel required, including nights and weekends.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Company will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS INFORMATION:
· Target base salary range: Competitive and commensurate with experience
· Variable Pay: 10% annual bonus target
· Other: Company car, laptop and mobile phone to perform field responsibilities
· Benefits: Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, etc.