@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has been retained by a large Federal Systems Integration firm to recruit multiple Entry Level Mechanical Engineers to support their Maintainability Engineering Team in York, PA. This is an exciting opportunity to support one of the largest defense contractors that has over $22.59 billion dollars in revenue and is a publicly traded company. The company works in a fast paced environment with over 84, 000 employees worldwide. This will be a long term contract to hire opportunity and will be employed by @Orchard during contract duration.
- Assists in identifying and defining which parts of a system can be repaired or removed and replaced
- Reviews designs for impacts that affect the maintenance of a system
- Provides input on the design effort to ensure maintenance tasks can be accomplished effectively and efficiently by the end user or maintenance staff
- Develops maintenance procedures, defining maintenance steps, equipment, tools, times and personnel requirements
- Recommends changes to designs based on analysis and determines where opportunities exist to improve the ability to conduct maintenance
- Provides technical inputs for analyses to determine the most cost effective alternatives for performing maintenance tasks over the life of the system
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation and provides input to technical papers or presentations
- Prepares and presents project technical results, recommendations and solutions to internal customers
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal customers to resolve complex technical problems and implement solutions
- This is an entry level position. Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related field.
- Familiarity with current computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Prefer someone who has completed one or more internships in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.