*Candidate should have a high level of experience in networking and software deployment.*
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the integrity of internal systems,
including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments, technical assistance
to team members and clients, planning and executing client projects, directly
handling service requests, oversight of general network maintenance, server and
infrastructure upgrades and expansions, network troubleshooting, assistance
with firewall deployments rules and policies.
As our ideal candidate, you possess excellent analytical and communication
skills, demonstrate intermediate levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities in all
disciplines of networking and security systems, and regularly deploy the highest
level of quality technical support.
You will be able to produce technical documentation including knowledge base
articles, best practices, procedures, & system maintenance; work effectively in a
team environment; and act as an individual contributor within the team as well as
enjoy taking a hands-on approach to your work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure
- Support services (including applications deployment, Active Directory, server optimization) for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite 365 and Microsoft Office migrations
- Support services for virtualization technologies including VMware and Microsoft applications
- Assist with design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, wireless VLAN routing & switching; firewall security
- Assist with design and administration of hosted and cloud solutions for customers utilizing technologies that meet their requirements
- Assist with implementation of disaster recovery solutions
- Timely and effective administration and maintenance of remote access solutions including: VPN, terminal services, updates to agent scripts, responding to alerts, monitoring dashboard, periodic system review
- Produce documentation in an accurate and timely manner for: system maintenance, network architecture, and knowledge base / best practices for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Timely and effective communication with customers including: incident progress statuses and updates, notification of impending changes or planned outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide and deliver exceptional customer service; ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Ability to work as a key member in team environment; communicate in a timely and effective manner
- Apply good judgement and escalate service or project issues in a timely manner
- Regularly review IT industry publications and online materials; remain up-to-date with current and emerging technologies
- Install workstations and printers on the LAN according to schedule or as requested.
- Perform remote maintenance and support after hours on a rotation schedule when required.
- Download and test new versions of client software for workstations and make recommendations based on findings.
- Participate in team meetings, providing input and suggestions.
- Suggest training ideas for users based upon interaction from resolving support requests.
- Ensure efficient and economical utilization of equipment and resources.
- Provide for safekeeping of equipment and supplies.
- Assist in moving PC equipment to different locations.
- Perform workstation-related setups.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Professional IT Certifications (or the experience equivalent): Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Highly skilled and expert proficiency level of diagnostic capabilities
- Excellent judgement to escalate service or project issues resolution in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Technical acumen: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is applied to provide IT services
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving, customer support in a customer site environment
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Systems Engineer
- Recent experience and expert knowledge with firewalls and Intrusion
- Detection/Prevention devices
- Recent experience and expert knowledge of network management, routing protocols and application load balancing technologies
- Display a positive attitude towards complex challenges and problems as well as routine maintenance and administration tasks
- Comfortable with communicating with all levels of management, business, and technical users
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement and work independently or as a member of a team.
- Ability to adapt to changes in work priorities while managing expectations and completing demands in a delivery-driven environment
- Ability to develop workable implementation plans. Communicates changes effectively
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years working in an internal systems support environment with an emphasis on networking and system architecture design & implementation
- Telecom experience a plus
Why Work Here?Talent Group is a global leader in IT staffing solutions. We connect great companies with great people.
Got Talent? Let's Get To Work.