We are seeking a reliable, motivated, and hardworking Machine Assembler to join our team. Under general supervision, the candidate will perform a variety of skilled mechanical tasks on equipment and will perform other duties as required. Job tasks include assembly, fabrication, building, and installation of custom machines.
· Layout, fit-up, fabricate and assemble industrial CNC machinery and components per engineering specifications
· Assemble various parts and components based on blue prints, work instructions or verbal direction
· Prep components for assembly, cut threads, paint prep, final assembly and tear down for shipment
· Work closely with other factory personnel to ensure quality and timely upstream and downstream manufacturing processes
· Work cooperatively in a team environment, maintaining high safety and quality standards
· Participate in company programs and initiatives such as Physical Inventory
· Various other production duties as assigned by department supervisors
· Uncompromising attitude toward safety, customer service and quality
· 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing, industrial or heavy fabrication environment
· MIG welding experience is helpful and preferred
· Ability to use industrial tools and equipment such as mechanical hand tools, power drills, taps, grinders, drill presses, bench grinders etc.
· Must be mechanically inclined with ability to read and understand prints and machine specifications
· Ability to use and read measuring equipment (i.e. calipers) within .001”, transit, squares etc.
· Experience fitting and fabricating assemblies within tight tolerances
· Experience handling heavy fabrication assemblies using cranes and forklifts
· Ability and willingness to work various tasks/machines to meet production requirements
· Ability to organize/prioritize tasks, possess a sense of urgency, be self-directed and self-motivated
· Ability to work Saturdays and overtime, when necessary
· Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, and machinery with moving parts.
· This is a position that the company has determined could adversely affect the safety of others