Manager, School Programs
Talent Building Associates has partnered with a reputable, community-based agency, Alive and Well Communities (AWC) to fulfill its recruitment needs. This is an exciting leadership opportunity with a team of highly engaged, dedicated professionals!
Since 2016, Alive and Well Communities has supported schools in advancing their trauma-informed journey. As the community traumas of racism and COVID-19 continue to challenge schools to adjust their approach to center wellbeing and to disrupt cycles of trauma, Alive and Well seeks a Manager, School Programs to be a leader in these efforts by providing training, coaching, and technical assistance to educators.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Manager, School Programs will support the execution of training, technical assistance, communication, and coordination for regional projects supporting trauma-informed schools.
Alive and Well Communities has experienced significant growth and is seeking someone highly organized who would be excited to join a staff of ten and over 500 Ambassadors across Missouri, Illinois and Kansas to achieve our mission of “activating communities to heal.” The person will align mindset and behavior with the organization’s values of:
- Elevating community wisdom, centering those who have experienced trauma as leaders of the work.
- Disrupting systemic oppression and responding to the impact of historical trauma.
- Acting with urgency, not waiting for another day or generation.
- Leading innovative solutions based on the science of trauma, toxic stress and resiliency.
This person will work directly with community members, educators, caregivers, youth, and concerned stakeholders to translate their insights and needs into actionable recommendations to improve social and emotional supports for Missouri students and educators. The Manager, School Programs will collaborate with communities and organizations to develop pathways to healing, well-being, and equity.
Manager, School Programs Responsibilities
- Provide training to educators about trauma and trauma-informed schools, building understanding about the impact of individual and community trauma on school communities.
- Support and coach schools in building their capacity to respond to all forms of trauma and advance through stages of organizational change as outlined in the Missouri Model for Trauma-Informed Schools.
- Center equity and elevate anti-racism strategies within the trauma-informed model.
- Serve as a project manager, relationship manager, and key liaison to school leadership.
- Coordinate training, meetings, and learning opportunities for area educators.
- Produce regular communications for key stakeholders.
- Support the regional strategy for trauma-informed schools.
- Cultivate a collaborative team culture, provide exceptional leadership, and work with diverse stakeholders to support the community’s success.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience and Qualifications
- A graduate degree in education, social work, counseling, and/or related field, highly preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ related experience.
- Must have an eagerness to participate in in-depth professional development to build proficiency in being anti-racist.
- Nuanced working knowledge and understanding of the social-emotional needs of youth, families, and educators, highly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership in community and proficiency working with and facilitating diverse groups.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and organizational skills.
- Proven strategic thinker, with the confidence to manage ambiguous information.
- Adaptability in managing competing deadlines and balancing client needs.
- Experience and confidence in using data to make informed decisions and bringing others along collectively.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office.
- Confident presentation skills.
Alive & Well Communities offers an extensive benefits package including health, dental, 401K, unlimited vacation days, paid holidays, sick days, life insurance, LTD and more.
Alive and Well Communities is an equal opportunity employer.
Talent Building Associates