The Marketing & Business Development Coordinator will work closely with their assigned practice group on a wide variety of initiatives supporting revenue-generating and general marketing and visibility opportunities. Specific areas of focus will include support for pitches and RFPs, research, market visibility and recognition efforts, marketing content development and experience management, events and sponsorships, general business development activities and more.
- Prepares sophisticated, thoughtful and persuasive pitch materials, including RFP responses and tailored marketing collateral.
- Supports the planning and execution of firm events including seminars, webinars, client entertainment and receptions and coordinates sponsorships to fully leverage benefits.
- Leads audience development for firm events, developing targeted invitation lists, tracking RSVPs, attendee engagement and follow-up efforts.
- In collaboration with the Library, reviews and conducts research on companies, industries, marketplaces and competitors related to pitches and other strategic initiatives; develops insights and communicates recommendations and applicable information to lawyers.
- Gathers intelligence on legal industry trends to provide attorneys with an understanding of the competitive landscape and to position the firm for increased effectiveness in winning new business.
- Contributes to market recognition efforts, including overseeing the development of legal directory submissions (Chambers USA, Legal 500, etc.).
- In collaboration with the Public Relations, Communications and Digital Marketing teams, identifies and promotes internally and externally deals, matters, client news and other lawyer and practice highlights.
- Helps maintain the firm’s experience and content management database (Foundation) and performs queries and generates reports as needed.
- Works with colleagues to support contact management efforts via InterAction (including contact updates, development of targeted marketing lists, tagging client activities, etc.).
- Acts in conjunction with Communications and Digital Marketing teams to propose and support marketing communications-related activities, such as website updates, improvements to attorney biographies and online profiles including LinkedIn.
- Actively participates in the Client Development department’s cross-functional resources program working with Managers across legal department teams in their various business development and marketing efforts including, events and sponsorships.
- Performs special projects as requested by Client Development leadership team.
- Displays integrity, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors via email and written correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
•At least 2 years of relevant marketing, business development or public relations experience in a law firm or professional services firm (accounting, engineering, etc)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
• Confident communicator, ability to work effectively with partners of the firm.
• Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, in oral and written form, with people at all levels within the Firm.
• Exhibit superior attention to detail and pride in high quality deliverables.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
DIRECT HIRE WITH GREAT FIRM OFFERING EXCELLENT COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE.