- Posted: over a month ago
who our client is…
Our client is making an incredible difference in the lives of thousands. One Community Health (OCH), provides integrated, affordable health care (medical, dental, & behavioral health services). They are a mission-driven organization serving Hood River, Wasco, Klickitat, and Skamania counties. OCH is funded to support the mission to advance health and social justice for all community members.
what they need…
In this fast-growing organization, OCH needs a compassionate Medical Director who has a strong desire to continue making a difference in the community and will enable the organization to provide the best integrated healthcare services throughout the Columbia George communities.
As the Medical Director, you will lead and manage the provider group and have clinical and direct care responsibilities.
what you will do…
- Actively nurture the development of an organizational culture that supports increasing access to care and improving quality of care; Foster collaboration between medical, dental, and behavioral health providers, clinical staff, managers, support staff, and various departments to continually improve access to care and the continuity and quality of care provided.
- Participate in the Core Leadership team, which shares joint responsibility for the effective strategic planning, and management of people, processes, and technology to create exceptional service and improve the bottom line.
- Coordinate and/or participates in systems improvement centered on improving care and increasing access to care.
- Lead planning for the development of new medical programs.
- Design, develop and implement appropriate Medical Department policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Supervise and organize schedules providing direction and leadership for delivering high-quality primary health care.
- Develop standards and qualifications for medical personnel and oversee medical staff approval.
- Develop retention and recruitment plans to ensure appropriate and competent clinical staffing for the delivery of services.
- Provide clinical and managerial supervision, including training and oversight of performance evaluations of physicians, nurse practitioners, and physicians' assistants.
- Provide oversight and management of the day-to-day clinical care of patients.
- Participate, prepare, implement, and maintain medical care plans in response to patients' most critical needs and problems.
- Provide direct primary care to Clinic patients to maintain skills.
- Interface with organizations outside OCH to effectively coordinate and improve services. Participate in community groups to improve access to care, such as COIPA, Columbia Gorge Health Council, and others.
- Collect, analyze, and report on data to evaluate progress on quality indicators.
- Incorporate feedback, requests and/or incidents from patients/staff into the Quality Improvement Process; Develops, updates, and implements clinical policies and protocols, including quality monitoring and chart reviews; Peer review; and PEP evaluations; Review of infection control procedures, etc.
- With input from medical providers, coordinate and develop the annual budget requirements for the Medical Department.
- Prepare information needed to understand and manage primary health service needs of the organization for use by the Board of Directors, administrative team, and managers.
- Provide oversight and ongoing support of essential programs and actively participate in identifying new initiatives.
- Ensure regulatory compliance as required [e.g., HIPAA, OSHA, Office of Performance Reviews (OPR), etc.].
Requirementswhat you need to have…
You do not need to be a seated Medical Director
- 5+ years of professional clinical experience in family practice.
- 5+ years of managerial experience, strong leadership abilities, and partnering with senior leaders in medical settings or health insurance organizations.
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine with MD or DO licensure.
- Ability to acquire or current Oregon Medical License and DEA licensure in good standing.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible Family Practice or Internal Medicine Physician.
- Current CPR (BLS) certification.
- Preferred bilingual Spanish/English.
- Preferred experience in a community or migrant health center (FQHC) setting, including experience with practice management systems.
- Outstanding compensation
- Generous Benefits
- 5-weeks of PTO
- Relocation assistance
Talence Group LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?