Position: Senior Health & Safety Coordinator
Client: DCP Midstream
Location: Midland, TX
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company and we are committed to greater in everything we do—from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
Position will provide technical health and safety guidance on a variety of topics and issues that will require the candidate to have good public speaking skills as well as the ability to write professional reports for dissemination to the asset as well as division and corporate audiences Total travel should be approximately 25% to 40%
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Serves as health and safety technical professional for asset
- Interpret state and federal regulations and directives
- Implement company safety and health policies and procedures Provides safety oversight to asset PSM program
- Assists with monthly safety meetings at the asset and work group levels
- Develops, coordinates, and conducts required safety and health training
- Functions as facilitator during incident investigations
- Provides support during asset HS/PSM audits
- Serves as an audit team member/leader on division and corporate audits
- May provide due diligence expertise in mergers and acquisitions
- Coordinates industrial hygiene efforts for asset
- Authors various reports for asset, division, and corporate audiences
- Interacts with local communities to ensure positive and pro-active relations are maintained
- Bachelor of Science degree or advanced degree in industrial safety and health, or similar technical degree
- Candidates without a degree with a minimum of eight years industrial safety and health experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry may be considered
- Working knowledge of Process Safety Management systems
- Understanding of safety permitting processes (hot work, confined space entry, lockout/tagout, excavations)
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on public speaking and technical writing
- Ability to work outdoors in all conditions and office environment
- Self-starter than can work with minimal direction
- Good time management skills with the ability to manage short deadlines
- Computer skills with excellent understanding of the MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook); ability to function with internal database systems.
- Function as a member of various teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.