alascend is currently seeking a Warehouse Employee for a direct opportunity located in Tappan, NY.
We are looking for Warehouse employees for a Parts Distribution Center. Join our team and a part of supplying 1st class performance original equipment parts to your local OEM dealerships.
Warehouse employees perform a variety of functions. In this role, the selected individual will be responsible for putting parts away, retrieving parts, loading and unloading cages, and operating powered industrial vehicles. Employees in this role stand and walk for long periods of time. A normal work day consists of pushing, twisting, and pulling parts, along with reaching and grasping for objects.
This position involves on-call employment, typically on Mondays and Fridays, with possible Saturdays, Sundays and/or holidays. This job will have a starting pay rate of $15.78 per hour. Additionally, there is a five percent (5%) shift premium pay for second (2nd) shift hours.
In order to be considered, you must be willing and able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
- You must have a high school diploma, GED or higher degree
- You must currently be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- You must currently be at least 18 years of age
- Meet the hourly requirements of the position
- Work different shifts, specifically second (2nd) shift
- Work weekends
- Work in hot and/or cold environments
- Work around heavy equipment or machinery
- Wear safety equipment such as safety glasses, sleeves, earplugs and steel-toed shoes
- Stand or walk for long periods of time each day
- Frequently bend, stoop and reach and often lift up to 40 pounds
- Work in tight or closed in spaces
- Climb up to 40 feet in the air on a ladder/man lift
- Operate powered industrial vehicles (for example: a hi-lo)
This is a team-oriented work environment. No previous experience is needed and relocation is not provided for this position.