Talascend is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Test Technician for a temporary opportunity in Northford, CT:
Job Description: Act as Regulatory technical expert supporting Industrial Fire projects. Interpret UL and FM product standard requirements develop and plan regulatory pre compliance and compliance tests, and advise engineering teams on product design strategies to ensure compliance. Product design areas include mechanical design, electrical design, and software design/functionality.
- Perform Root Cause and Corrective Action on potential UL864 and FM 3010 hardware and software test failures as they arise, analyze issues and identify suggestions for resolution.
- Interpret product standards including UL 864 and FM 3010, define, plan, and execute test strategy, analyze test results collaborate with global team on project status define and plan next actions.
- Play an active role in the development team to ensure that the development effort remains on schedule and within budget.
- Manage assigned regulatory projects, act as key project interface to FM, UL, and other regulatory bodies.
- Work with UL and FM contacts as required to ensure proper interpretation of product and code requirements, advise design engineers of external group standard interpretations.
- Ability to interpret product standards to define and test hardware requirements utilizing advanced laboratory test equipment.
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline
- Product development experience in a regulated industry
- Proficiency in use of Electronic test equipment/software used in UL hardware testing such as DMMs, Oscilloscopes, Data loggers, Transient machines, ESD simulators, Audio Precision, AC/DC power supplies
- Ability to read electrical schematics to apply to hardware testing
- Mechanical ability to build/setup test fixtures, UL project test setups
- Detail oriented person to perform many different UL-FM hardware tests and properly record results per UL DAP data recording procedures
- Ability to learn brand specific panel programming software
- Soldering experience with through hole, surface mount components
- Knowledge of Fire panel / industry terminology
- Background in Electrical engineering (preferred)
- Focus on Electrical engineering products (PCBAs) verification/validation and certification.
- Comfortable in an electrical test lab environment.
- 1-5 years experience in interpretation and application of UL or FM product standards
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers and standards agencies
- Translatable experience in a high-level programming language
- Expertise in applying Honeywell Operating System principles for New Product Development
- Experience working with remote teams
- Green Belt Certified
- Ability to travel per business needs. Up to 25%