Talascend is looking for qualified candidates for a Sr. Accountant position located in Fort Worth, TX.
The Sr. Accountant provides professional accounting services by preparing, analyzing and processing financial statements, budgets, customer invoices and monthly reports for the company.
- Ensure that the internal financial reporting requirements of the company are met.
- Conduct cost, schedule, contract performance, variance and risk analysis, and proposal preparation.
- Close monthly by analyzing accounts, preparing journal entries to include company allocations, calculating direct/indirect costs, rates and revenue recognition.
- Review, analyze, and facilitate invoice and bill processing.
- Audit accounts payable and payroll for accuracy.
- Coordinate with the site staff to support accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other specific requirements.
- Analyze financial statements and contract performance to provide evaluation of variances for preparing bid, budget and forecast.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Preferred Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and General Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP).
- (2) years’ experience in financial analysis or accounting may be substituted for each year of the (4) years of college.
- Experience with government contract accounting, preferred.
- Mandatory Historical Accounting Experience
- Ability to work various shifts which may include evening and weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation