Talascend is currently seeking a Principal Contracts Administrator for a contract opportunity in Golden Valley, MN
Our client installs and maintains the systems to help keep buildings and facilities safe, secure, comfortable and cost-efficient, and is a leading providing of energy efficiency solutions worldwide. HBS specializes in the installation and servicing of critical building systems, including HVAC, building automation, fire, security and energy management.
We are currently looking for a Contracts Manager for HBS Americas, reporting to the Assistant General Counsel & Director of Contracts for HBS North America. This position will be responsible for installation, service, energy, and general construction contract management for the HBS North Americas U.S. Install and Service Lines of Business (LOB). The position will be based in HBSs Golden Valley, Minnesota office.
To provide leadership, direction and consultation to the HBS North America U.S. Install and Service LOB business teams for the contract management function, driving consistent policies and processes in support of business objectives and contributing to the organization's achievement of goals and objectives, while satisfying its customers.
- Participation and support of new business development activities including cross-functional review of RFQ requirements, contract review and flow down, collaboration with the Law Department to obtain approval of non-standard contract terms, identification of risk and opportunity, development of risk mitigation plans, guiding business opportunities, purchase order review and acknowledgement and associated contract/purchase order execution.
- Providing ongoing support and leadership to the U.S. Install and Service LOBs in a team environment so as to evaluate and resolve complex business issues and to assist in setting appropriate strategies relating to contract negotiation and claims resolutions.
- Ensure implementation of and team adherence to sound contract management and risk assessment policies
- Negotiate difficult and complex contractual issues
- Draft, analyze, interpret, and develop contract terms and conditions
- Ability to multi-task on a large number of complex contract issues
- Ability to deploy and gain acceptance of new approaches and objectives
- Oversee, advise and support change order negotiations
- Provide critical information for the U.S. Install and Service LOB leadership teams
- Deploy training on terms and conditions, corporate policies and risk mitigation
- Update standard contract documentation and templates
- Advise and assist management team in opportunity/risk assessment
5+ years contract management; will substitute, in part, other legal experience
3+ years of experience in commercial contracting and/or construction contracting
- Law Degree
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, demonstrating sound business judgment
- Ability to work within the hierarchy and matrix of a multi-national company
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Subject matter expertise in contract management principles and techniques
- Understanding of financial concepts (cash flow, ROI, working capital) and impact of contract terms on such concepts
- Ability to deal confidently with internal and external customers at all organizational levels
- Think strategically, critically and analyze details for achieving program objectives
- Think on multiple levels while gathering, analyzing and synthesizing globally relevant data
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Create or embrace a vision and inspire others to meet organizational goals
- Encourage intelligent risk taking
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation