Talascend is currently seeking an EMC Technician for a contract opportunity in St. Joseph, MI
- Provide controls product and component testing, analysis, and problem solving
- Developing and applying a strong understanding of appliance operations and lab procedures
- Developing, executing, and documenting new test procedures, gathering knowledge through test results and applying that information to analyze problems for root cause.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong communication link to the supervisor and related departments.
- Technical Certificate, degree in Electrical/Electronics, or 2 years of electrical experience (combination of both education, and experience, preferred)
- Willing to consider entry level candidates with a Bachelor's degree
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits, read wiring diagrams and schematics Knowledge of electrical safety
- Ability to use specialized equipment and instrumentation
- Ability to move appliances using appliance cart (assistance from another person is acceptable) Frequently be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Working knowledge of personal computers, Excel, Word and Google suiteStrong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and time management skills critical
- Outstanding people skills, with the specific ability to interact as a team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude