Talascend is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Desktop Support Technician for a contract opportunity in Centreville, VA:
Job Description: The Desktop Support Technician will provide technical support, training, and incident resolution to the user community to ensure optimum job efficiency and productivity. Continuously and consistently provide excellent customer service in an accurate, effective and timely manner to create a pleasant end user experience.
- Prioritize, maintain and resolve help desk requests while meeting Service Level Agreements.
- Manage the inventory of software and hardware materials.
- Prepare, configure, and deploy desktop computer systems including imaging computers and maintaining image library.
- Ensure ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established company standards and guidelines while ensuring optimum equipment performance and longevity.
- Work with vendors when necessary to resolve technical problems with hardware and software.
- Bachelors Degree in IT or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in a Help desk environment is required, with Linux experience preferred.
- Microsoft certifications desired.