Talascend is currently seeking an Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Senior Engineer for a contract opportunity in Phoenix, AZ
The internal Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Senior Engineer is assigned to lead the APQP efforts for new development programs. This position will support the Aerospace Flawless Launch Process (on time launch of new products that meet quality, cost, and schedule objectives). The APQP engineer ensures that the program requirements are established, and that the APQP methodologies and tools are used throughout the product development phases to meet the customer’s quality requirements as well as meet expectations for product launch quality at manufacturing sites. The scope of work includes leading, training, developing and monitoring product development teams that are engaged on New Product Introduction (NPI) programs.
- Lead the development and maintenance of Advanced Product Quality Plans aligned with the assigned NPI program cross functional teams. Monitor APQP status throughout the new product development process
- Facilitate creation of Process Flow Map, PFMEA, Control Plan, working collaboratively with AME with robust risk mitigation plans.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers to explain the APQP process and approach
- Monitor product build performance, assisting design and manufacturing engineers in DFM and manufacturing process capability studies
- Function as a liaison between engineering, manufacturing and supplier quality to support Flawless Launch activities
- Audit IPDS Phase Exit packages for compliance to the APQP and manufacturability requirements (PPM) associated with new product launch
- Monitor, track and ensure completion of supplier APQP requirements related to Early Supplier Engagement (ESE) and PPAP
- Develop and complete approval of the program specific APQP Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) checklist document, including submittal to customers for approval if required
- Ability to handle different programs simultaneously.
- Focal Point for Integrated Program Team (IPT) for NPI Quality issue resolution.
- Lead NPI quality issues mitigation for similar-to and actual escapes by working collaboratively with IPT and other cross functional teams.
- Leadership skills to influence others.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organizations- good communication skills.
- Proficient in using Root Cause Analysis and Six Sigma tool for problem resolution
- Strong analytical skills; able to use data, develop and execute continuous improvement plans.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- BS degree in Engineering discipline
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience either in Engineering | Quality | Manufacturing in Automotive or Aerospace industry or related environment.
- US Citizen or Permanent Residence required due to government contract
- Ability to read blue prints, knowledge of GD & T, PCB for electrical programs
- 6 Sigma Green Belt required and proven competence using advanced problem solving
- Proven ability to be a change agent and lead execution of multi-site and/or cross-functional continuous improvement projects/initiatives preferred
- Experience participating in / mentoring teams and a track record of delivering on time to commitments
- Knowledge or experience with regulatory requirements and ISO 9000:2000, AS9100 Quality Systems preferred
- Prior experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) processes is preferred