IT Business Analyst -Trade Finance
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you passionate about digital transformations, data, IoT or AI and are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious team?
Don’t hesitate and join Talan!
For the last 20 years, Talan has advised Companies in the Finance and Luxury Goods Industries. Talan has helped its clients transform their businesses and deploy innovative projects globally. Talan is a global company present on five continents.
Today, Talan has more than 4,000 consultants and aims to exceed $1B in revenue by 2024.
Talan leverages innovation and operates in areas related to technological changes such as Big Data, Cryptocurrency, and Artificial Intelligence.
We rely on both technological leverage and the strength of our DNA based on collective intelligence, agility, and a taste for entrepreneurshipJob Description
We are looking for Technical Business Analyst to work on the implementation of our client's TI+ (Finastra), which will come in replacement of ACBS for the booking of trade finance products (Documentary Credit, SBLC, Guarantees).
To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable working with technology as well as business teams alike. Understanding of fundamental software engineering principles and software development life cycle is expected. This is an individual contributor role. Building trust relationships with all stakeholders and earning the respect of team members you work with is crucial for success.
The ideal candidate must have a strong technical background ( experience in IT projects) and knowledge in Trade Finance ideally or at least with previous experience in Investment Banking Industry.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to document user requirements in User Functional Specifications / Business Requirements Document, Data mapping specifications, Data flow, Workflow diagrams, etc.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Perform data and code analysis as part of the specification phase, as well as later during the testing stages to ensure good data quality and consistency.
- Review designs and solutions to ensure they are in line with architecture goals.
- Write functional and technical specification documentations as per defined user requirements and standards defined by organizational processes
- Define testing approach and strategy. Create test scenarios and test cases. Execute application tests.
- Coordinate testing strategy during test phases of the project such as Integration Testing, QA and UAT by coordinating with technical and business teams. Obtain applicable sign offs.
- Under the supervision of Senior BA / PM, assist with project management and coordination activities.
- Collaborate with technology teams to define high level functional and ensure technical architecture can support business requirements.
- Provide ongoing support to development team through all phases of the project to ensure technical implementation is in line with envisioned functional goals.
- Knowledge of SQL
- IT project lifecycle knowledge and program testing methodologies
- Knowledge of MS suite of products including Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Coding skills are a plus: PL/SQL, C#, java, and understanding of object-oriented programming
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence optimally at all levels of the organization
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Proactive with a sense of ownership and accountability for tasks
- Analytical and critical thinking
Education and Experience
- At least 6+ years of total work experience, with 3+ in Business Analysis
- Excellent technical background to be able to read programs and procedures, interact with developers, review technical documentation, define functional architecture, coordinate integration testing
- Banking & Finance industry experience with preference given to candidates with Commercial Banking, Financial Accounting, Payment Systems, and/or Credit Risk experience
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 5 weeks according to seniority (annual untaken vacation days are cashed out)
- 8 paid holidays
- 5 sick and 2 personal days
- Company health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Other benefits such as, commuter/transit benefits, Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Business Analyst, Commercial Banking, Credit Risk, Finance, French, consulting, IT, BA
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Talan