Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovative-driven company that will inspire you and support your career development? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director / Director in our Project Leadership & Operations (PL&O) group located at our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by a wavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Business development is an essential part of Takeda’s R&D strategy. Therefore, establishing and implementing best practices around internalization and externalization will be critical to positioning Pharm Sci (and Takeda) for future success.
As an Associate Director, Due Diligence Management you will serve as Pharm Sci's primary point of contact for Takeda’s Center of External Innovation (CEI) for business development opportunities. The scope includes both internalization and externalization of opportunities.
- Serve as Pharm Sci’s primary point of contact for Takeda’s Center of External Innovation (CEI) for business development opportunities. The scope includes both internalization and externalization of opportunities.
- Work with the relevant leadership in Pharm Sci to assign appropriate members to lead Due Diligence (DD) of new business development opportunities. Train members on the DD process, including establishing a DD Team, roles and responsibilities with other departments, communicating updates outside of the DD team, and summarizing findings in a final report
- Responsible for continually updating Pharm Sci’s DD process to reflect best practices for internalization and externalizaton, including updates to Pharm Sci’s DD Playbook or other relevant training materials
- Responsible for creating a holistic overview of the entire Takeda BD landscape, and communicating as appropriate to senior leadership (i.e. PSLT) on a regular basis, including facilitating any updates prior to governanceResponsible for working with CEI and the Pharm Sci DD Lead to review the Manufacturing/CMC terms of contracts to avoid any potential Pharm Sci challenges. This should also include conducting Lessons Learned from Pharm Sci staff and relaying back to CEI in the form of feedback and formal recommendations.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- BS + 16 years experience, or MS + 12 years experience, or PhD + 10 years experience
- General knowledge of drug development principals across multiple modalities and therapeutic areas
- Capable of establishing a vision of Pharm Sci’s DD process and clearly communicating essential principals to broader department
- Has autonomy to establish best practices, but must build support from key stakeholders and leadership
- Critical interactions with Pharm Sci leadership, CEI group, and other key Pharm Sci stakeholders (GMS, Global Quality, etc.) are necessary
- Must be able to gain familiarity with novel modalities
- Must be able to synthesize technical aspects with business considerations
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Why Work Here?Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a statistician working in the GI Therapeutic Area (TA), you will be empowered to provide statistical leadership in the design, analysis, and interpretation of clinical studies for compounds that make up Takeda’s GI portfolio. The role involves promoting and implementing innovative clinical trial design, statistical modeling and quantitative decision-making for all stages of GI drug development (phase 1 through phase 4). The SQS organization at Takeda is part of the Takeda’s Data Science Institute (DSI). Consequently, the role also offers opportunities to explore and work on applications of data science-focused approaches (e.g., machine learning) to drug-development, in addition to traditional statistical methods.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s li