Senior Architectural Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
We are leaders in improving civilization through the design and development of our physical environment. TAIT is a family company and continues to grow since 1964. Join TAIT & become an integral part of a stellar team!
We are looking for talented, motivated, and technically driven individuals who want to join a company with excellent opportunities for career growth and development. TAIT fosters and encourages each Associate's entrepreneurial spirit with every project & design opportunity. We provide a variety of training opportunities to develop your skills, top tier benefits because we care about your well-being, a real work-life balance & the flexibility life needs, and an unbeatable friendly, professional, positive work environment. Here's your chance to start your career with a Top Workplace in Orange County :) don't wait to apply
This position is hybrid and has the opportunity to work from any of our two TAIT Southern California office locations, ( Santa Ana, CA, Norco CA, )reporting to the Director of Architecture. This position will support either or both offices and manage several projects in multiple phases, updating team members & clients, and providing direction to staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop program, master planning, concept, schematic, design development documents and drawings.
- Responsible for the overall design quality, implementation, and delivery of each project.
- Guide and manage project design team and activities, including consultants.
- Interface and coordinate site planning, engineering and interior design to develop and execute architectural design concepts.
- Develop project design intent and goals for successful implementation.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading the production team on a project in developing construction documents.
- Ensures compliance to applicable codes and ADA requirements. Ensures the standards for construction document production.
- Provide technical assistance to other team members as well as mentor junior designers.
- Provide schematic through construction administration. Initiates and develops technical level design concepts and details.
- Assist design team & provide direction for all portions of projects (i.e. initial setup, preliminary design development, construction design drawings and documents, solving design problems, coordinates with clients and office personnel).
- Site Surveys - Ability to take as-built field layouts and dimensions and create accurate floor and ceiling plan backgrounds inclusive of all windows, doors, walls, power & data locations, mechanical diffuser & return layouts, furniture, fixtures and equipment, floor and ceiling plans, , sections, elevation, detailing and roof plans.
Minimum Education and Skills Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience within an Architectural firm.
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience providing design and team guidance.
- Minimum of 4 years of drafting experience within an Architectural firm.
- Strong efficiency in ArchiCAD, AutoCAD v2010, v2012 and current versions.
- Knowledge of Zoning resolutions and Building code laws.
- Ability to keep the CAD block library current with new designs and blocks.
- Having basic LEED knowledge and/or being LEED accredited Professional is a bonus.
- Must have a high level of organization and time management skills to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong efficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong knowledge in Photoshop or similar software program is a plus.
- Knowledge in Microstation and Revit is a plus
- Attend client meetings at job site locations or TAIT offices as needed.
- Ability to drive a vehicle to job sites/ client meetings.
- Ability to occasionally lift plan sets that range in weight from 1lb – 20lbs.
Powered by JazzHR
Tait & Associates, Inc.
AddressSanta Ana, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?