Logistics Account Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have an ongoing need to fill the role of Logistics Account Manager in our Chattanooga, TN (Corporate Office). The Logistics Account Manager will be responsible for developing an individual book of business through new customer acquisition and existing customer revenue growth. Our customers are shipping companies, trucking carriers across the US, and logistics capacity providers around the globe who will rely on your service and the Taimen family to provide solutions to their transportation challenges. Energy, honesty, optimism, and grit will be integral aspects of long-term success as we look to build future leaders in the company and across the communities we call home.
Taimen Transport, LLC, is a rapidly growing 3PL seeking energetic, goal-oriented driven candidates who are motivated to build something special with us. Taimen's teams are powered by industry-leading cloud technologies and are committed to finding innovative, meaningful, and practical ways to make both our customers and our employees lives easier through the latest technology and advances in the logistics field.
At Taimen, we take tremendous pride in our employees and strive daily to be an employee-centric organization with excellent opportunities for personal growth. We believe in working hard, striving to be the best daily, and celebrating our successes together while recognizing that the strength of our business lies in us being better together. We work equally hard to be a place you enjoy coming to work daily and a culture where you feel supported and are treated fairly.
We look forward to the possibility of speaking with you about how you might embark on this journey of growth with us!
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to:
- Manage each step of Taimen's freight sales process to include identifying prospective shippers, soliciting freight sales, negotiating truckload rates with shippers, finding available trucks, negotiating truckload rates with carriers, documenting key aspects of the shipper and carrier transactions, and communicating with the shipper and the carrier as you monitor the customer's shipment from pickup to delivery
- Provide outstanding customer support by monitoring loads in transit as well as providing consistent, reliable communications with your carriers and customers
- Build a book of business and serve as the lead point of contact for all customer, external partner, and internal team communication
- Deliver a world-class experience to customers and partners by providing the absolute best service in the logistics industry
- Lead efforts to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives that result in efficiencies, stellar customer service, and lower operational costs
- Collaborate with teammates on the sales floor and in ongoing training to grow individually and learn new industry
- Promote and educate others on Taimen's core values
- Follow company policies, standards and procedures at all times
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate who will be invited to join Taimen will be highly self-motivated, professional, experienced, reliable, ambitious, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced sales environment. This position is an ideal fit for an individual who possesses the following attributes:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a transportation industry role, such as an Account Manager, Dispatcher, Logistics Coordinator, etc. preferred.
- Experience in primarily managing business dealings by phone (e.g. prior jobs involving cold calls, inside sales, etc.)
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, work in a fast-paced environment, and provide solutions when presented with unforeseen challenges.
Demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize your work and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong negotiation skills and the confidence in your abilities
In addition to the description of "Ideal Candidates" and other attributes listed above, the following qualifications and skills apply:
- Comfortable making cold calls and consistently demonstrate superior communication skills
- Motivation to grow individually and as one team
- Commitment to ethical practices always and holding others to the same standard
- Capability of managing full sales cycle
- Blend of sales and operations abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Knowledge, or ability to learn, TMS and other software programs
- Above average math skills
Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and make informed, independent decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and teamwork skills are essential
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Some local travel and occasional out of town travel will be required from time-to-time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taimen Transport, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Taimen Transport, LLC