Line Cook job description: Job duties and responsibilities
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, dairy and other food items using knives, electric mixers, immersion blenders, food processors, scales, and portion bags.
- Processes prepared foods for service using ovens, gas stoves, griddles, and broilers
- Assure that each item is cooked to the Chef and guest’s specifications
- Garnish each dish properly
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, broilers, sauté burners, ovens, flat-top griddles and refrigeration equipment both during and after service
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Assumes responsibility for the quality, food safety/sanitation and timeliness of products served
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the management staff
Line Cook job description: Job qualifications and requirements
- In-depth knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Attention to detail
Tailwind Inc.Juneau, AK
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.