Based in Chandler, Arizona, Medivant Healthcare counts on extensive lineage in the larger pharmaceutical manufacturing world. Managed by ownership that dates three generations in pharmaceuticals, Medivant is the newest, sterile Single Dose liquid injectable facility in the US, consistently manufacturing medications on the FDA’s drug shortage list.
As a boutique, FDA approved cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) manufacturer, Medivant is guided by automation that naturally leads to greater output. Generic medications are in high use at hospitals and very few US manufacturers produce them at a volume that justifies the upfront investments.
Medivant serves hospitals, hospital groups, surgical centers, doctors’ offices and emergency centers. It is a business-to-business model with no direct to consumer sales. Over the long-term Medivant seeks to be a leader in this sector, hoping to revive pharmaceutical manufacturing interest in the United States.
The PharmacyTechnician works in highly controlled areas and follows specific procedures for preserving the sterility of our aseptically manufactured products. The primary function of this position is to operate the compounding tank and/or follow written batch records to compound pharmaceutical drug product in a clean room environment. The Pharmacy Technician must be able to work for up to four hours without direct interaction with other workers. Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Operate all pieces of equipment within the compounding, filling, and packaging area, including set-up, trouble shooting and repair of minor mechanical problems.
2. Perform equipment set-up and change-over for scheduled production run.
3. Utilize measurement devices such as scales, pH meters, and Oxygen meters and dissolved Oxygen meters.
4. Accurately weigh Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and excipients as required in batch records.
5. Perform accurately basic arithmetic functions including calculation of percentages.
6. Inspect product.
7. Maintain a clean work area.
8. Understand and utilize aseptic techniques.
9. Follow Standard Operating Procedures while performing all job functions.
10. Accurately document production processes.
11. Review Batch Records for completeness and accuracy, perform accountability and build and route paperwork packets.
· Licensed pharmacy technician.
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
· Proficiency in performing addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and ratios.
· Experience working in a compounding pharmacy. 503B and sterile experience preferred.
· Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience preferred.
· Basic computer skills to navigate Windows based software required.
· Mechanical aptitude required.
· Must be able to work a flexible work schedule
· Must be able to wear company provided disposable, one-piece clean room clothing, hood and goggles.
· Must be able to stand up to 4 hours at a time
· Must be able to complete repetitive tasks for prolonged periods
· Must be able to work in confined spaces.
· Ability to lift 60lbs unassisted.
· Vision: 20/20 corrected near-point vision. Pass color deficiency test.
· Exposure to chemicals, latex and allergens.
Tailstorm Health Inc