Job Title: Telecom/Networking Project Manager
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Pay Rate: (W2 Only)
Benefits: Health insurance, 15 days PTO, accrued paid sick leave, free meals/snacks/beverages, access to onsite services & more!
Schedule: M-F, full-time (40 hours); W2, 6+ month contract
*Opportunity for extension or conversion based on performance and business needs*
Connecting the world requires alternative approaches to building and deploying telecom network infrastructure. Through direct engagement with partners around the world, the Network Investments
- Emerging Markets Team seeks to foster the development of open, shared transport network infrastructure to bring more people online to a faster internet. If you have a passion for emerging markets, social impact and a desire to leverage your project management skill sets to increase broadband access, this is a great role for you.
- This position is full-time, based in [MPK] but with heavy focus on emerging market infrastructure and engagement.
- Manage various projects for Network Investments - Emerging Markets. Source feedback from subject matter experts, coordinate alignment between various inputs, and balance recommendations to highlight key risks and mitigations
- Build relationships and partner with cross-functional stakeholders across infra verticals (network, connectivity, data center) as well as with legal, tax, finance and policy teams
- Collaborate on the development of program dashboards to track program sponsored fiber deployment builds, budget, and spend
- Leverage visualization and mapping tools to conduct analysis, produce charts / graphs and support partner / internal engagements to drive data-driven decisions
- Follow up with internal partners (i.e. finance, accounting) to ensure that billing and invoicing processes are structured according to contractual obligations
- Assist Legal with creating or amending contracts by providing the project specific requirements while keeping the appropriate Partner Engineers apprised
- Create and steer video marketing campaigns for deployments in APAC, Africa, and Latin America to showcase program impact to both internal and external audiences
- Previous experience (3+ years) working on program/project management or analytics for an operator, equipment vendor deploying or operating telecom networks, or for a consulting firm with focus on analytics.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical groups across different levels.
- Strong written process documentation skills -- able to succinctly summarize significant volume of information and identify key themes, risks, etc.
- Demonstrated program/project management & analytical skills in a fast-paced, cross-functional, global team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, absorb new concepts, and connect the dots across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to discern priorities and drive progress amid ambiguity.
- Stakeholder management experience, especially across technical, legal, policy, tax, and/or security fields.
- Experience running successful process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time if and when international travel is not restricted.
- International travel is required.
- Education: BS/BA (preferred but not required) or equivalent number of years of experience working as a Project/Program Manager in a related field
* This position requires authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship, now and in the future*