Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives!
Our Client has been delivering on the promise of biotechnology for over 40 years. They are considered a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The successful candidate will be involved in improving protein purification workflows for 1-10 Liter scale protein preparations from both intracellular as well as extracellular sources (E coli, Insect cells, Mammalian cells), and characterize protein quality using various biophysical and biochemical methods.
- Working knowledge of common protein expression systems such as mammalian, insect, E coli.
- Expertise with modern protein purification and chromatography techniques, and knowledgeable with operating AKTA chromatography systems as well as analytical HPLC systems.
- Proficiency with methods to characterize protein quality and purity, such as mass spectrometry, SEC-MALS/DLS, endotoxin assays etc.
- Expertise with biophysical and biochemical protein-protein interaction techniques and/or functional assays.
- Experience with basic lab automation.
- Passion for exploring and developing new technologies.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, dynamic and curious person with good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Team-oriented and collaborative nature.
- Experience with structural biology techniques will be a plus, but not essential.
The successful candidate must have either a BS/MS degree with ~6-10 years of experience or a PhD with 0-2 years of experience in Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Structural Biology or a related discipline.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture, and commercialize medicines to treat life-threatening conditions.
- Offer unparalleled learning and networking opportunities, as well as the ability to contribute to meaningful projects and work side-by-side with biotech experts.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, and dental benefits in addition to various onsite perks