Project Manager (22824)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Project Manager (22824)
Location: Menlo Park, CA (Remote until July 2022)
Duration: 10 Months (Possible extension or conversion to FTE)
Compensation: $50/hour up to $55/hour (Health Benefits + PTO)
The Central Research Programs team implements global operational systems, connects teams and knowledge, and problem solves operational hurdles to enable Researchers to do their most impactful work. Our team is composed of experts in problem solving and multitasking. In this role you'll work closely with Researchers and Research Program Managers to execute and deliver on initiatives, ensuring the highest quality work is being conducted.
In this role you will support our org's external brand initiatives, virtual event logistics, and project manage our external publishing platform. We are looking for a project manager who is flexible and can pivot and adapt to the needs of our team as they arise, taking on different projects accordingly.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, resourceful, highly organized, detail-oriented, and collaborative. We are looking for someone who can facilitate our team’s best work by driving and delivering projects to completion - managing timelines, anticipating project issues and resolving them, connecting resources to needs, and removing barriers to doing great work. You must be comfortable in an extremely fast-paced environment where you’ll need to have good judgment and be able to proactively find solutions for a range of problems that may arise.
This role requires project management experience, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to manage complex logistics, and a highly organized approach.
This is a full-time contract position.
General project management and coordination
• Drive and support projects and initiatives for the Research Programs team.
• Move initiatives forward, raise concerns to appropriate owners early and resolve open issues that prevent progress.
• Predict roadblocks and obstacles and prioritize competing needs with good reasoning and creative solutions.
• Contribute to processes and tools, updating documentation and initiating improvements where needed.
• Provide flexible approaches that meet the team’s needs, including the ability to move fast, make progress or navigate blocks quickly and openly communicate along the way.
• Track initiatives across the org and provide quarterly, semi-annual, and annual program updates.
Project manage external publishing platform
• Partner with Research Program Manager and Researchers to usher articles from idea to publication.
• Manage the editorial calendar and keep the publication committee on track to meet publication milestones.
• Own monthly team meeting (i.e. calendar invite, agendas, and minutes) and publication documentation.
• Coordinate third party vendors needed for article completion (i.e. editors and illustrators), including guiding through Purchase Order process.
• Work to secure Communications and Legal team approvals.
• Identify ways of measuring traffic and increasing impact.
• Prepare quarterly reports and uncover opportunities for improvement.
• Contribute to process improvements, manage documentation and provide on-going support for implemented processes.
Virtual event logistics for external events
• Create and manage detailed work back plans for brand and candidate attraction events, flagging risks, following up with owners on specific action items and escalating as needed.
• Manage speaker communications, ensuring speakers are appropriately prepped, information is up-to-date, and logistics are communicated.
• Triage questions from speakers and the org as needed.
• Prepare post-event reports
Project manage migration of legacy and development of new internal brand materials
• Partner with program manager lead and org brand leads to migrate legacy brand materials to a new visual identity.
• Create and manage detailed work back plans and keep the committee on track to meet milestones, flagging risks, following up with owners on specific action items and escalating as needed.
• Triage questions from the org as needed.
• Coordinate third party vendors to initiate creative briefs for new design executions.
• Contribute to process improvements, manage documentation and provide on-going support for implemented processes
• 4+ years of relevant or related project or program management experience
• Excellent organization skills, with the ability to multitask and manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Track record of operating independently and delivering results, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
• General knowledge of research and/or UX design
• Experience working in Tech.
Knowledge of content marketing, SEO, social media marketing, communications.
Tailored ManagementWhy Work Here?
Tailored Management is a national premium recruiting firm; dedicated to developing strong relationships with both clients and career seekers. Our President says, “The people business is personal.” This simple but profound phrase shapes the thinking that has made Tailored Management into a major national force in the recruiting industry. We believe to our core in finding the perfectly tailored candidate for each role we fill - each and every time.
1 Hacker WayMenlo Park, CA