Join this global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people's lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made us the leader in personalized healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible.
Title: IT Project Manager V (Contract)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Reporting to the Head of the DIA IT US PMO, the Senior IT Project Manager is accountable for the successful implementation of technical solutions via Roche IT Project Management processes and methodologies for the IT function, designed to ensure that IT projects are delivered on-time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. This position is responsible for resource management, tracking budgets and financial forecasts, creating and tracking detailed project plans, effectively leading and facilitating project meetings as well as proactively controlling project scope, risks and issues. Additionally, this position must effectively manage the projects across global locations and time zones and be able to travel internationally as needed.
- Define, plan, and direct the execution of a broad range of projects while balancing the competing demands of scope, time, cost, quality, resources, and risk to produce a high quality product
- Identify, acquire, and lead multifunctional, global project teams
- Ensure project objectives/requirements are clear and agreed to by all stakeholders
- Manage relationships with various IT and business stakeholder to achieve project objectives
- Facilitate project management activities across the entire project management methodology
- Ensure successful and timely completion of deliverables
- Track progress against baseline schedule
- Plan, baseline and control costs to ensure projects are completed within approved budget.
- Manage project priorities and ensure adherence to the agreed scope
- Monitor, document and gain approval for changes to schedule, cost or project scope
- Identify and apply systematic quality activities to ensure that projects employ all processes needed to meet Computer System Validation directives
- Conduct risk and issue management planning, identification, analysis and monitoring on projects.
- Formulate risk and issue mitigation strategies; recommend and implement solutions.
- Manage the processes required to ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, distribution, storage, retrieval, and ultimate disposition of project information and documentation necessary for successful communications across all stakeholders and any required updates to living system documents for validated systems :
- Proven success implementing IT Projects across a variety of platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Informatics, Computer Science, or equivalent 8+ years of related experience
- Experience in project organization and resource mobilization, and management of stakeholders
- Experience dealing with management issues on a global level (scope, time, cost, quality, risk, team)
- Experience in virtual, cross functional project team management Strong interactive and influencing skills
- Proven vendor management experience Proven Organizational Change Management experience
- Strong customer and service management focus Strong technical writing skills (project documentation)
- Excellent communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong understanding of Project Management Methodology concepts (including waterfall and agile)
- Strong understanding of Computer System Validation (CSV) concepts
- Proficiency in Google, Word, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of Document Management System concepts
- Understanding of IT Infrastructure concepts
- Familiarity with HP ALM or other Application Lifecycle Management tool preferred
- PMP certification highly desired