Title: Medical Administrative Assistant - HEDIS
Location: Downtown Cincinnati, OH
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Pay: $13.00 - $14.00 / hour
Length: HEDIS Project - Beginning January 2020
Job Description: The position includes significant phone/fax outreach to obtain medical health records from medical provider offices. The position requires strong communication, computer and clerical skills. Daily activities include tracking outreach, receipt of medical records and invoices, phone/fax outreach results, and location demographics electronically. Other daily activities include the ability to manage large amounts of data electronically, file documents in electronic filing software, faxing, scanning, and abstracting documents from electronic storage devices.
- Previous call center experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, (e.g., Data entry, Microsoft Word and Outlook, Excel, PDF, Skype, Outlook)
- Must be comfortable using multiple computer systems including working with dual monitors.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to perform internet research and research using proprietary software systems
- Must be detail oriented
- Must demonstrate tenacity to obtain the medical records
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology
- Must be a quick learner, who can demonstrate the ability to follow multi-step instructions, be a problem solver, and adhere to department protocols
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) required.
- Previous Call Center experience preferred
- Medical Assistant, Clinical Administrative Assistant or Medical Records experience preferred
- High school graduate or GED equivalency