Electrical Technical Program Manager IV (22774)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Electrical Technical Program Manager IV (22774)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA (Remote until further notice)
Duration: 12 months (possible extension or conversion to FTE)
Compensation: $110hr up to $115hr (Health Benefits + PTO)
The RL (Reality Labs) team is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class AR/VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, RL is committed to driving the state-of-the-art forward through relentless innovation. AR/VR's potential to change the world is immense and we're just getting started.
Our product engineering team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies of AR/VR products. We are focused on integrating and launching new technologies from early concept to launch while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
As an Electrical Technical Program Manager for RL Product Engineering, you will lead multidisciplinary programs through the product development cycle. You will develop hardware to move forward our industry-leading virtual and augmented reality systems. You will establish requirements with internal and external customers, manage program schedules, identify risks, mitigation plans, and clearly communicate them to program stakeholders. We look for technical program managers who have a strong technical foundation, are natural motivators, cross-functional relationship builders and champions for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program execution in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
Technical Program Manager, Electrical Responsibilities
- Partner with the RL electrical engineering team, enabling the definition, design, and execution of next-generation hardware
- Manage the development of main logic boards (MLB), flexible printed circuits (FPC), development platforms, and other EE driven designs
- Work with key silicon and electro-mechanical vendors, ensuring technical deliverables for the project are met. Partner with supply chain managers for vendor selection
- Coordinate with internal cross functional design and operations teams including product design, manufacturing engineering, firmware, and software to develop cohesive development plans
- Manage external design resources, and contract manufacturers (CM, ODM, or JDM)
- Responsible for running the “SMT” portion of development builds. Create the build and allocation plans, address critical issues during the build, direct failure analysis, and drive yield improvement
- Develop project schedules, communicate program statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and technology development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment to ensure on time delivery
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables such as architecture definition, product specifications, data reviews and test plans
- Ensure program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review
- Contribute to resource planning to ensure program success
- Up to 20% travel *no earlier than March 28, 2022 and in accordance with active travel policies thereafter
- BS in electrical engineering or other engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in consumer electronics or silicon industry
- 2+ years experience managing technical hardware projects
- Experience with phase gate approach to technology development projects
- Experience with board-level electrical system development, validation, and characterization processes
- Working knowledge of board design technical concerns, including signal integrity, power integrity, coexistence, etc
- Experience with program and issue tracking and building complex development schedules
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams and projects
- Experience taking products from initial concept to mass production
Note: Location should be local to Sunnyvale Or Burlingame, CA
Tailored ManagementWhy Work Here?
Benefits, Weekly Pay, Room for Growth
Tailored Management is a national premium recruiting firm; dedicated to developing strong relationships with both clients and career seekers. Our President says, “The people business is personal.” This simple but profound phrase shapes the thinking that has made Tailored Management into a major national force in the recruiting industry. We believe to our core in finding the perfectly tailored candidate for each role we fill - each and every time.
1180 Discovery WaySunnyvale, CA