Provides superior sales & service support to financial advisors, agents and customers. Is highly knowledgeable of all old and new products, and demonstrates proficiency in handling different types of inquiries, including consultative sales & service (advanced topics) on multiple products and concepts. Analyzes and resolves complex and advanced topics or inquires that require a more in-depth product and regulatory knowledge. Easily pivots a call to uncover opportunities within own business segment and/or to support other products by providing a sales lead. The associate will assist with case design, business consultations, product updates, training, product rollouts, education, and support. Educates customers in all aspects of the contract and provides an advanced level of sales and solutions to financial advisors and agents. Utilizes technology to enhance conversations with customers, agents and educate advisors. Has a strong understanding of the state and local laws necessary to understand the legal implications of certain product features in different states. Understands the firm restrictions and how they apply to the business. Is able to interpret and articulate our marketing pieces when speaking with customers and investment professionals. Depending on the area, the focus is working more with investment professionals, and will only take customer calls when needed. Understands the consequences of not following the Client rules, such as arbitration, financial loss to the associate and ***, sanctions/penalties that could impact the associates' eligibility to remain in this role.
1. Receives and responds to incoming calls and emails from financial advisors. Handles old and new products, and answer questions on multiple financial topics ranging from taxes, withdrawals, benefits, product features, costs, loans, premiums, payment schedules, etc. with ease. Answers service and sales inquiries across multiple distribution channels. In addition, has demonstrated a high level of competency in sales, licensing, income products, and trades, and is primarily utilized to answer these types of calls.
2. Understands the different product suites, including current line-up and products no longer sold that still require servicing. Responsible for interpreting and applying all changes and enhancements to new and old products, based on daily Change Communications. Cross-sells unfamiliar product line to support strategy of all business lines meeting goal.
3. Assists with case design, business consultations, product updates, training, product rollouts, education, and support. Identifies the question(s) behind the question to proactively offer consultative expertise. Is a subject matter expert and understands all aspects of the products and how to navigate within *** to provide a great experience.
4. Maintains up to date records of all conversations and follows a process of documentation to support our strategy of knowing our member better than anyone and use the information in a way that drives the relationship deeper. Follows all rules and regulations to ensure compliance with Client or other professional licensure requirements, *** polices, firms, and state and local laws.
5. Act as a backup for our Top 50/200 CIRCLE advisors.
6. Provides advanced level of Sales consultation and solutions to financial advisors. Uncovers sales opportunities by turning service inquiries into sales leads within own business segment and/or to support other products by providing a sales lead. Analyzes and educates customers to ensure understanding of tax implications, penalties/surrender charges, death benefit protection, lifetime income, capital preservation, and/or benefits pertaining to the contract.
7. Takes on more complex issues and use appropriate resources for resolution. Have a consultative conversation to understand the investment professional’s needs and provide the best solutions. Leverage team of specialists’ model and internal partners to resolve escalated issues. Acts as a subject matter expert/resource for other associates when team lead is not available. Understand the market and competitors to provide the desired outcome. Is able to interpret and articulate our marketing pieces when speaking with an investment professional and agent.
8. Is proficient with multiple technology systems and programs to provide a great experience for our customers and financial advisors. With the advanced knowledge needed to have a high level of competency in sales, licensing, income products, and trades, associates need to understand all the additional systems used to support these call types. Can easily navigate within *** to provide correct data and information to our financial advisors and customer base. Embraces social media and utilizes virtual technology to enhance customer/advisor experience.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Initial training period is 6 weeks, 30 hours guaranteed. After training is complete, hours/shifts can change from week-to-week but will be an 8 hour shift between 11:00am and 11:00 pm.
Education: Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration, Insurance, Economics, Communications preferred.
Experience: Two years of experience in customer service, sales-related occupations.
Skills/Competencies: Excellent verbal and written communication skills for oral and written communication with a widely varied audience. Proven ability to analyze retirement plan documents and contracts; to analyze customer’s or producer's needs and determine the most appropriate solution, and to set work priorities in accordance with established standards.