Tailored Management is seeking a Communications & Events Specialist to join the Enterprise Engineering Communications and Events team in Menlo Park. This is an excellent opportunity to join the world's largest social media network who enables over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and explore the world.
Communications & Events Specialist II
Dept: Enterprise Engineering (Communications and Events team)
Location: 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Duration: 6-month contract (potential for extension/conversion)
Benefits & PTO
We are looking for someone to support and execute communication initiatives for the Enterprise Engineering (EE) Communications and Events team. This candidate should have excellent writing abilities to draft relevant, engaging and timely posts. Candidate is also expected to help the team on corporate events and logistics and should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Candidate will be expected to co-ordinate on inputs and help draft our regional updates, event promotions, event recap posts. They are also expected to maintain and report all events and comms metrics.
- Research, write, edit, and proof all levels of content including headlines and body copy, for online, offline, external and internal needs. Understand the goal, audience, and message of a campaign and create copy to suit.
- Community management for internal EE Workplace groups
- Consult, review and create comms. drafts for various EE teams who are communicating within EE and to employees across FB.
- Support team in creating content/talking points for EE Executives and for EE events
- Measure comms impact/feedback through comms & events surveys and metrics
- Draft event invites and recaps
- Maintain and report all events and comms metrics
- Coordinate video recordings
- Event logistics support: Venue booking, speakers management, rehearsal coordination, calendar invites, etc
- Meet tight publishing deadlines with attention to detail
- Research innovative content for events & presentations
- 5+ years of work experience in journalism, speech writing, or in internal/corporate communications in a technology or similar space
- 5+ years of experience in event production
- Excellent writing abilities to draft and turn complex information into relevant, engaging, timely and valuable content
- Experience communicating to an employee population of technologists and engineers
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Experience using judgement and analysis, providing practical, timely and pro-active communication guidance and support.
- Experience in copy writing, speech writing, journalism, brand or business writing for technical/engineering audiences. Writing samples or portfolio link required.
- Experience using Facebook and internal collaboration tools like Workplace/Yammer/Slack.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience overseeing ideas from inception to launch.
- Ability to take feedback and input and come up with content that keeps the integrity of the ideas.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
* This position requires authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship, now and in the future*
We are still hiring during the pandemic of COVID-19. Your health and safety are our #1 priority at Tailored Management. We will be conducting video interviews during this time to ensure your safety.