Pharmacy Call Center Representative (Remote)
Location: 4750 East 450 South, Whitestown, IN, 46075 (Temporarily Remote)
Schedule: 8-hour shifts M-F between operating hours of 7:00 am-11:00pm. Will start as a remote role and may be asked to return onsite to the Whitestown, Indiana office.
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 an hour, paid every Friday (unknown until 1st submission)
Telecommunication Requirements: MUST MEET INTERNET REQUIRENMENTS*
- Must have reliable internet service - Bandwidth should be a minimum of 2 mbps downstream by 5 mbps upstream.
- Allowed Internet access types for W@H – In order of preferred Internet type/provider:
- Cable Internet access from one of the preferred ISPs - Time Warner, Comcast, Cox, Cablevision
- DSL can be used, but only if there is no local cable company who can provide Internet access
- Associates will receive 2 monitors, thin client, keyboard, mouse.
- Review requests from doctors and pharmacists to determine whether medication coverage prior authorization can be given by screening and reviewing requests based on benefit plan design, client specifics and clinical criteria.
- Handle inbound telephone and written inquiries from pharmacists and doctors regarding prior authorization by screening and reviewing requests based on benefit plan design, client specifics and clinical criteria.
- Provide information to clients, participants, pharmacists and doctors regarding participants pharmacy benefit, drug coverage and provide accurate procedures for medication exceptions.
- Facilitate resolution of drug coverage issues and pro-actively address, research and resolve issues while maintaining accurate and complete documentation of all inquiries for continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively with other associates and supervisor to ensure that best practices are shared.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skill.
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle challenging customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment learns quickly, solve problems and make decisions.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule for peak call times.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years' experience in a call center setting or working with prior authorizations