- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Laboratory Technician Job Description for Small Molecule Drug Chemistry Group
This position provides lab and project management support of early phase Small Molecule Drug Synthesis, Purification, and Analytical Chemistry. It initially includes basic laboratory duties such solution preparations, website maintenance, special project support and analytical instrument setup and maintenance. This is a laboratory support position and does not include any operational manufacturing or analytical duties; however, an exceptional candidate has the potential to be provided opportunites in R&D purification or analytical chemistry of small molecules.
This position focuses on maintaining R&D laboratory equipment and laboratory operations for Small Molecule Drug Discovery Laboratories, including:
● Monitoring mobile phases and reagents on LC/MS and SFC/MS systems
● Performing initial troubleshooting of systems. If initial troubleshooting is not effective, report issues via internal Work Order Notification system or to the vendor as appropriate.
● Providing support for continuous improvement projects for Facilities, EHS, ChemStore, and SMDC Lab.
● Scheduling preventative maintenance (PM) & repairs with system owners, vendors, Facilities & Instrument Services to maintain instruments in a ready state
● Coordinating with Facilities & Instrument Services to create repetitive maintenance plans and maintain inventory of instruments in SAP
● Maintain department websites with accurate information
● Update monthly display board for department
• Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline and 0 - 2 years of lab experience, preferably in a chemistry lab.
• Candidates must be technically minded and detail oriented with good problem solving and communication skills.
• Capability to work well in a dynamic environment and with minimal supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple activities and constantly change priorities
• Strong computer, scientific, leadership, and organizational abilities
• A history of orchestrating tasks through multiple people to accomplish the work
• Ability to recommend and elevate relevant issues to management
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
• Experience managing Google Sites and working with the Google Suite
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team with internal and external clients, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
Tailored Management is a national premium recruiting firm; dedicated to developing strong relationships with both clients and career seekers. Our President says, “The people business is personal.” This simple but profound phrase shapes the thinking that has made Tailored Management into a major national force in the recruiting industry. We believe to our core in finding the perfectly tailored candidate for each role we fill - each and every time.
1 DNA WaySouth San Francisco, CA