This is an excellent opportunity to join the world's largest social media network who enables over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and explore the world.
Business Development Associate III
Menlo Park, CA (Temporarily remote during COVID-19 pandemic)
The main function of the Business Development Analyst is to analyze customer data in order to increase the relevance and efficiency of sales efforts. This position is accountable for driving shipments, share, and equity by driving retailer growth and contributing to their strategies.
- Provide analytical insights to deliver a greater share of promotion, distribution, and shelving.
- Prepare customer sales forecasts and trade promotion plans.
- Leverage analytical tools (including customer-specific tools and data) to develop new department and category insights through the analysis of MAPS (Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing, Shelving).
- Assist in developing new category insights through the analysis of the sales fundamentals at the customer level.
- Customize efforts to create trends specific to the customer.
- Sell directly to the customer by presenting products and promotions to achieve defined sales objectives.
- Ability to mine data sources to create compelling category strategies, and to analyze multiple levels of data from many resources to make product recommendations.
- Ability to sell persuasively and be comfortable in a selling role interfacing with the customer.
- Ability to build diverse collaborative relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing multiple projects; can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Nielsen and/or IRI data.
- Able to handle and manage confidential information when working internally and externally.
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of demographic data sources such as Spectra Demographics.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in category development or analyst roles in traditional Client companies.
- Extensive experience working with data.
- Experience working with Nielsen and/or IRI and shelf software data.