Administrative Associate 3
Stanford, CA 94305
our responsibilities include:
- Acting on behalf of faculty to establish priorities and identify and resolve problems that are administrative in nature.
- Overseeing and/or performing duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Composing and drafting documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking.
- Planning and scheduling calendars with limited consultation, resolving calendaring conflicts, and arranging travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Creating reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Overseeing and/or processing a variety of complex financial transactions including purchasing and reimbursement requests; researching, identifying, and resolving discrepancies. Assisting with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Previous experience providing administrative support in an academic institution.
- This assignment is covering while a perm candidate is identified so length may be extended.
- Manager would highly prefer candidates with Stanford experience.
- Primary duties will involve processing financial transactions and processing P-Cards for 2 main supports as well as general admin support for a large department.
- This is a very group so candidates must have excellent time management skills, be detail orientated with exceptional organizations skills.
- Candidates must be proficient in MS Office and Google Doc & Sheets