Environmental Compliance Specialist IV, Business Operations
Tailored Management – Pro Sunnyvale, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: - Environmental Compliance Specialist IV, Business Operations
Hourly Pay Rate: $65.81 an hour
Location of Assignment: Sunnyvale, CA*** Must be local t but there will be travel to MPK, Burlingame, Fremont and Sausalito
Schedule: 40hr/ weeks, 9-5
Contract Length: 12 months (W2), potential for extension/conversion pending performance
Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Vision
- This role is responsible for completing tasks for environmental compliance assurance support in Sunnyvale, CA.
- The ideal candidate will lead and complete tasks in all environmental aspects (air, waste, waste , wastewater, and hazardous materials management) to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, chemical management, hazardous waste, storm water, air compliance, wastewater, and emergency response.
- This role works to support the team and works under the direction of the Regional Environmental Engineer.
- This position may also support the Global Environmental Program Manager role for initiatives and program development and implementation, as needed.
- 3+ years in environmental compliance assurance with experience in auditing, reviewing, and leading tasks in support of developing and implementing environmental programs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks supporting environmental programs and site hazardous waste services.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations within the environmental field including but not limited to hazardous materials management, air permitting, industrial wastewater permitting, stormwater, hazardous waste and universal waste.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work independently and with limited supervision.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Support all environmental services for the facility, including but not limited to, developing training curriculum, emergency response support, regulated waste disposal (Universal Waste, Non-RCRA, and RCRA) inspections/reviews, HMBP/EPCRA inventory/support, APSA/SPCC development/reviews, and conducting regulatory compliance assurance applicability determinations for new sites.
- Support, develop, and implementation of written environmental tools and materials for the facility.
- Maintain positive relationships with cross functional partners at each facility, conduct inspections, review analytical laboratory reports from sample data, and prepare wastewater discharge monitoring reports for review by the Regional Environmental Engineer.
- Help implement compliance to meet permit conditions, conduct inspections for SPCC, waste, and assist with reporting.
- Partner with various departments, including Facilities, Project Management, researchers, Security, and Corporate EHS initiatives.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum B.S/B.A. degree in relevant field; Environmental Studies, Environmental Engineering, or equivalent.
Top 3 must-have HARD skills:
1. Need to understand Environmental reporting from a California background
2. Hazardous reporting experience, Environmental background as must
3. Must be able to be onsite
Tailored Management – Pro
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Tailored Management – Pro