Reports to: Team Lead, Shipping Manager
Primary Objective of Position:
Shipping and Packing Associate are responsible for packing and monitoring the merchandise leaving the company’s warehouse. They are responsible for ensuring each shipment is packed correctly and accurately. They will then need to print shipping labels, and ensure that each package has the proper postage. Also, they will perform inventory control and track a shipment's delivery status. All tasks and duties must be completed in accordance and compliance with HIPAA guidelines, State and Federal laws, and current company policies and procedures.
- Functions may include, but are not limited to unloading, put-away, sorting, labeling, picking, packing, replenishing, auditing, shipping, making boxes, etc.
- Receives, counts and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise
- Record receiving data using computer
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor or team lead
- Verify computations against physical count of stock
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defect
- And other duties as assigned
Experience and Educations Requirements:
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 1 year shipping/receiving experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong computer skills, fluency in Microsoft Excel/Word/Salesforce
- Pay strong attention to detail
- Reliable Transportation
Other qualifications to be considered:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Expert level of written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving with string decision making capability
- Independently motivated
- Highly versatile and resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel. Stand for long periods of time, walk, and regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds with assistance if needed. The employee is required to communicate by speaking, the employee is required to listen to the needs of co-workers and/or customers and have the ability to write and communicate information to other co-workers. The employee is frequently required to climb on a small ladder, reach with hands and arms, frequent bending stooping and kneeling. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-Time
Wage: $12 an hour
Hours: 9:00am-5:30pm, Tuesdays & Fridays; Shifts anywhere in between 9:00am-9:30pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays weekly; Saturdays 9:00am-3:00pm
Overtime: There is mandatory overtime at the manager’s discretion, as well as optional overtime.
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Tailor Made Compounding is an Equal Opportunity Employer.