Discovery. It’s the future of everything.
Tag.bio is a small, fast-growing Healthtech startup based in San Francisco. We are data scientists, computational biologists, software architects, change-agents. Our mission is to make it easier and faster for anyone to find answers in data. With the Tag.bio platform our customers are completely transforming how life sciences and healthcare data research is performed.
We are seeking a senior-level Cloud Architect to bring together best-practices and innovative ideas to make our platform the best-performing and most scalable analytics platform in the cloud. Tag.bio is deployable securely across any cloud platform, as well as on-premise within customer sites.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- A strong track record of both independent and team-driven project success
- Familiarity with multiple cloud vendors, deep experience with at least one
- Experience working in a compliance-oriented environment (e.g. HIPAA, PCI)
- Comfort in taking accountability for an organization’s core technology
Skills and experience:
- Broad/deep understanding of at least one cloud platform (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Containers (e.g. Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Deployment frameworks (e.g. Jenkins, Chef, Puppet)
- Log management tools (e.g. CloudTrail, Splunk, Sumo)
- Command line proficiency (Bash)
- Solid understanding of at least one software language (e.g. Node.js, Python, Java)
- SQL and key-value databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Apache Spark/Hadoop desired
- Serverless architectures for web applications desired.
If you are excited and motivated by the idea of helping to accelerate scientific research and to improve patient care, please submit your resume for consideration. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented populations in the tech community.