Environmental Service Director
Tadiso Inc Pittsburgh, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Responsible for leading systems, processes and procedures that promote a positive safety culture which results in an injury free and healthy workplace.
· Assign and track environmental activities, corrective action plans and update plans as needed. This includes planning for DDAP, CARF, Allegheny County and other regulatory agencies.
· Maintain appropriate documentation for the physical plant.
· Work with the DSS on the scheduling of safety drills. Prepare documentation, reports and assessment of drills.
· Work with the DSS on organizing all safety trainings for staff members.
· Work with the DSS on scheduling and securing appropriate coverage for all scheduled security shifts.
· Provide feedback to administration on skill improvement needed for operating an efficient environment.
· Conduct supervision no less than two times weekly with Maintenance Supervisor and Director of Security and Safety.
· Act as the chairperson for the CARF Safety Committee.
· Complete the CARF Accessibility Plan annually.
· Oversee that CARF Safety and Security Plan is completed and updated annually.
· Oversee the CARF Building Safety Plan is completed and updated annually.
· Responsible for coordinating with Maintenance Supervisor and Director of Safety and Security that the Standard Operations Procedures Manuals for both Security and Safety and Maintenance are updated no less than annually.
· Assists the Maintenance Supervisor and Director of Safety and Security with writing appropriate policies for the Operations Department.
· Acts as the chairperson for the Water Management Committee.
· Responsible for reviewing and updating Annual Water Plan.
· Work with the Maintenance Supervisor on scheduling and coordinating water testing.
· Hold quarterly meetings for the Water Management Committee.
· Review water management log reports from the Maintenance Supervisor.
· Ensure and check with Maintenance Supervisor to make sure all water filters are changed every 90 days.
· Maintains organization of files, environmental permits, inspections and certifications.
· Conduct a daily survey of the physical plant with Maintenance Supervisor inspecting for hazards.
· Conduct a daily inspection with the Maintenance Supervisor of the outside areas including the sides of the building, front and back parking lots.
· Work with the Maintenance Supervisor on assigning staff from the Maintenance Department to complete landscaping both at our off-site lot and on-site.
· Review Hazard detection check-list completed by the Maintenance Supervisor
· Serve on the weekly planning committee as a member of Tadiso leadership.
· Schedule inspections for all equipment located in the physical plant. This includes the boiler, elevator, and generator.
· Apply for a building alarm permit annually through the City of Pittsburgh.
· Work with Maintenance Supervisor on ABC fire inspection appointments including the tags for fire extinguishers and annual testing of fire equipment.
· Review log books of the monthly fire drills, monthly emergency drill, monthly pharmacy alarm tests and the quarterly burglar alarm testing of the building.
· .Work with Maintenance Supervisor on inspection and maintenance of company vehicles.
· Ensure proper documentation for the company vehicle is up to date and placed in vehicle. This would include registration and insurance card.
· Work with leadership team to develop and implement site- specific annual objectives related to the health and safety of the physical plant.
· Oversee the annual Building Operations Budget
· Purchase products and supplies for both the maintenance and security departments.
· Create a floor waxing schedule with Maintenance Supervisor.
· Oversee that electrostatic spraying is completed weekly by the Maintenance Department.
· Communicate with the Operations Director to ensure all PPE is ordered and inventoried appropriately.
· Track PPE on-site through Excel spreadsheet; taking inventory weekly.
· Inspect that all antibacterial light switch covers, door handles and elevator buttons are changed as scheduled by coordinating with Maintenance Supervisor.
· Coordinate with Maintenance Supervisor that hourly disinfecting and sanitizing is occurring on high touch areas of the building.
· Work with the Maintenance Supervisor the coordination of the snow removal contract.
· Work with the Maintenance Supervisor that the maintenance department creates an annual plan for winter weather. This includes ordering supplies and providing direction to security and maintenance departments.
· Work with the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure all debris are picked up daily from Tadiso property including a three block radius.
· Work with SSD on the scheduling of monthly visits to Tadiso neighbors and review log book for CARF.
· Work with the Maintenance Supervisor on ordering all appropriate supplies for the building from Cintas
· Negotiate pricing and sign off on Cintas contract with the CFO’s approval.
· Work with the Maintenance Supervisor on checking and signing off on the work of the Stratus Cleaning Company.
· Oversee on scheduling a 50 point inspection is scheduled with Stratus Cleaning Company once monthly. Collaborate with the Maintenance Supervisor about the date of this inspection.
· Work with the Maintenance Supervisor and DDS on any special projects related to the Operations Department.
· Address any and all unexpected operational concerns related to the physical plant in regards to planning, communicating and resolving these unforeseen occurrences.
· Be on-call along with the Maintenance Supervisor and DDS for any building emergencies, burglar/fire alarms or other unforeseen occurrences at the building.
· Be prepared to travel to the building during non-work hours for any concerns with the physical plant.
1425 Beaver AvePittsburgh, PA
Energy and Environment