About Tadashi Shoji
Tadashi Shoji is an American fashion designer and he launched his namesake label in 1982.
We've been emerging as a leading lifestyle brand amongst our consumers. We've had collections at New York Fashion Week runways each season.
Women all over the world have worn our designs including celebrities like Michelle Obama and Kate Hudson.
The brand is carried in over 700 major department and specialty stores all over the world, and we have signature boutiques in the United States, China, and the Middle East, and that's where the brand is actively expanding its presence right now.
Tadashi Shoji, an LA based fashion house, is seeking an exceptional Art Director to lead our team. The right candidate will be responsible for the conception, presentation and development of visual campaigns to support the business needs for Tadashi Shoji. The Art Director will also, but not limited to, be responsible for arranging and managing fashion photoshoots.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that deadlines are met while providing hands-on exemplary creative products.
- Have an overall understanding of web and digital channels.
- Assist in the delivery of campaigns on an ongoing basis through micro sites, emails and landing pages to increase conversations and enrollments.
- Collaborate with internal departments for design visions and goals.
- Conduct annual reviews of all print vendors to examine business relationships, the delivery of expectations, re-quote standard projects and determine the need for additional vendors.
- Understand the marketing communication strategies, project plans and provide creative direction and multiple solution options.
- Creating unique looks from head to toe.
- Coordinating with photographers, models and hair and makeup artists for specific projects.
- Ensure that the final result is within quality standards and aligns with the scope of the project.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of experience ideally in the fashion industry.
- Experience as a photoshoot stylist, Fashion Stylist or similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design/ Fashion Design, Photography or relevant field of study.
- Experience with visual displays is a must.
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Superb layout, typography skills and experience of photography art direction to a high standard.
- A powerful portfolio that demonstrates a passion for design and results.
- Flexibility to travel, as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to style entire looks in a creative, forward-thinking way.