Associate Director Animal Quality
- Expired: February 28, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a veterinarian who excels in collaboration, developing programs and are you looking for a career with purpose? If so, we want to hear from you!
Taconic Biosciences is seeking a veterinarian to specialize in leading strategic projects to support the growth of our company. This person will join our dedicated Animal Quality team as the Associate Director, Animal Quality in a hybrid position at our Germantown and Rensselaer, NY sites. This role will have a 50/50 split between remote work and onsite work at both sites.
Taconic is committed to the safety and health of our team members. As such, the COVID-19 vaccine will be required for all employees barring religious & medical exemption with approvals. Those who are not currently vaccinated, without exemption, would require the 1st dose of vaccination upon offer and prior to start date.
The Starting Pay: $150,000, based on experience
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
What we offer:
- Insurance within 30 days or less which includes options for medical, dental, vision, pet insurance and more!
- 20 days paid time off plus 6 additional holidays and 1 floating holiday
- Annual Bonus Program
- Flexible work schedule and Work/life balance
- 401(k) plan with up to 4% employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Commitment to training and providing you with the skills you need for success
- All employees receive access to 24/7 telemedicine (including mental health), short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Equipment provided includes laptop, monitor, external mouse and keyboard
- Cost of professional membership dues and license fees
- Minimal on-call duties
The Associate Director Animal Quality will be responsible for strategic projects to drive continuous improvement in Taconic's Animal Care and Use Program and will provide veterinary oversight for rodents (mice and rats only) at Taconic sites in Germantown and Rensselaer, NY, including health monitoring, animal welfare, and clinical care. They will be responsible for providing backup veterinary duty for other sites as required.
Duties of the Associate Director Animal Quality include the following:
- Develop programs to enhance the welfare of genetically engineered and induced disease models. Optimize micro- and macro-environmental factors to support animal welfare in line with the latest scientific advances.
- Draft quarterly animal welfare newsletter
- Serves as primary Veterinarian contact for health monitoring, animal welfare, and clinical care at Germantown and Rensselaer
- Represent Animal Quality (AQ) for Rescue Shipments
- Conduct veterinary reviews for IACUC protocols and adverse phenotypes
- Responds to customer inquiries concerning veterinary aspects and general questions concerning Taconic animals
- Works with veterinary nurses to provide guidance on clinical cases, including examinations, necropsies, and appropriate follow-up testing
- Assists with training technicians and area technical representatives
- Assures site compliance with all regulations and laws
- Contributes to external eminence by attending and presenting material at conferences relevant to the field of laboratory animal medicine
- Collaboration with international teams, including customers around the world and our veterinary staff in Germany and Denmark
Education and Experience:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) with preference for specialized and advanced training in Laboratory Animal Medicine and eligibility for certification/boarding by ACLAM
- DVM, NYS Veterinary license (attain within 3 months); USDA Accreditation (attain within 3 months)
- 2-5 years of relevant experience and/or training
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Positive influencer
- Ability to have complex discussions, which call for a well-developed sense of discretion, strategy, and timing
- Occasional travel required, generally 2-5 trips per year (all travel pending internal COVID-19 guidelines)
With a history of over 65 years of excellence, Taconic Biosciences is a global team of the best problem solvers in the industry. We partner with our clients to develop winning research strategies that accelerate the discoveries for prevention and treatment of disease.
Taconic employees all over the world show up every day to deliver the best solutions for our clients while caring for ourselves, each other, and especially our animals. If you are a respectful, compassionate individual with a can-do attitude and a desire to do the right thing, we want you to join us!
Better Together at Taconic
Inclusion, Diversity, Awareness & Action. Taconic Biosciences is taking an active and intentional role in creating a company culture that encourages and appreciates the uniqueness in all people. Being you is what allows you to bring your best self to work. We are committed to ensuring that Taconic is a safe and fair workplace for everyone because it's our differences that make us stronger. We are better together.
Taconic Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status
Taconic Biosciences, Inc.
AnimalView all jobs at Taconic Biosciences, Inc.
Get fresh Associate Veterinarian jobs daily straight to your inbox!