Animal Care Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Taconic Biosciences is seeking an Animal Care Technician to join our team at our Germantown, NY site. If you are someone who likes animals, enjoys learning, and wants a job with a purpose, this role is perfect for you! Apply Today!
- The starting pay: $17.55 per hour.
- The schedule: Monday – Friday, with rotating weekend shifts once trained.
- Hours: Shift times as early as 5 AM, no later than 7:30 AM.
Taconic is committed to the safety and health of our team members. As such, the COVID-19 vaccine will be required for all employees barring religious & medical exemption with approvals. Those who are not currently vaccinated, without exemption, would require the 1st dose of vaccination upon offer and prior to start date.
What we offer:
- Insurance within 30 days or less which includes options for medical, dental, vision, pet insurance and more!
- 20 days paid time off plus 7 additional days
- Work life balance
- 401(k) plan with up to 4% employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Commitment to training and providing you with the skills you need for success
- All employees receive access to 24/7 telemedicine, short and long term disability and life insurance
What you will learn and do in training as an Animal Care Technician:
- The basics of animal husbandry: How to provide water and food and clean cages
- How to hold a mouse and/or rat
- How to gown up in the uniform provided and why it is important
- How to understand and read an SOP
- How to document work, order supplies and use Taconic systems
- About health statuses and how to maintain them
- How to take samples for quality control
You may be a fit for this position if you:
- Grew up on a farm or around animals, can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regular physical exertion required. (Climbing, crouching, crawling)
- Have worked in a kennel or veterinary office
- Have provided childcare through babysitting or working in a day care
- Have worked as a direct care aide, CNA or dietary aide
- Are someone who pays attention to details and likes to stay organized
- Have an interest in science!
- Are someone who likes to, and wants to, learn!
- Have a High School Diploma, GED, or related life experience
- Are ready to build your career in animal science!
A career as an Animal Care Technician teaches you the foundation of what we do here at Taconic. After working in this role for 1-3 years you have the ability to continue to grow into a senior role as a technician or into roles such as Team Leader, Senior Supervisor, Customer Service, Project Management and more!
With a history of over 65 years of excellence, Taconic Biosciences is a global team of the best problem solvers in the industry. We partner with our clients to develop winning research strategies that accelerate the discoveries for prevention and treatment of disease.
Taconic employees all over the world show up every day to deliver the best solutions for our clients while caring for ourselves, each other, and especially our animals. If you are a respectful, compassionate individual with a can-do attitude and a desire to do the right thing, we want you to join us!
Better Together at Taconic
Inclusion, Diversity, Awareness & Action. Taconic Biosciences is taking an active and intentional role in creating a company culture that encourages and appreciates the uniqueness in all people. Being you is what allows you to bring your best self to work. We are committed to ensuring that Taconic is a safe and fair workplace for everyone because it’s our differences that make us stronger. We are better together.
Taconic Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Taconic Biosciences, Inc.
AnimalView all jobs at Taconic Biosciences, Inc.