The Master Taquero, as we call this position at Tacombi, ensures the flawless execution of all menu items to meet Tacombi standards; He/She manages the day-to-day BOH operations working hard to meet Labor, COGS and Operations goals. The Master Taquero works side by side with the GM to make their store a successful location.
About the position…
- Execute the menu items as designed by executive chef and as shown in workshops
- Lead and monitor all food production to maintain quality and quantity goals
- Purchases accordingly to execute menu to its fullest
Training & Development
- Manage the training and development of all BOH staff including Senior Taquero (Sous-chefs).
- Build a bench of exceptional BOH talent through personal development and cross-training, including DOH standards for DOH inspection readiness
Service & Operations
- Manage day-to-day kitchen operations; create and maintain systems and processes to increase knowledge, efficiency and productivity of BOH team
- Build and manage a maintenance and repairs calendar, ensure proper maintenance of equipment
- Working closely with GM, create and maintain systems and processes to ensure Labor and COGS targets are met and P&L’s are aligned.
- Manage daily forecast of products to be sold to optimize inventory usage
About the candidate…
- Passion for hospitality & guest service.
- Minimum of two years of management experience in restaurant kitchens.
- Leads with a positive attitude, is able to teach, and is willing to learn and take direction
- Is detail-oriented, organized and proactive.
- Able to excel in a high-pressure environment always using good judgment and strong decision-making skills.
- Is Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and POS Systems.
- Is capable of working flexible hours, days, shifts including holidays
About the benefits…
- Career growth: Tacombi grew from very little more than a broken-down VW bus on a beach. We have seen growth through learning, resourcefulness and persistence and can offer an aggressive career path to those that share these qualities.
- Health: Our team is our most important asset. We offer full medical coverage and 50% contribution from Tacombi for our management employees, with the option to add spouses and family under our plan at employee’s cost. Dental, and vision are also offered at employee’s cost.
- Retirement: 401(k) plan to prepare you for the future.
- Vacation: 1 Week fully paid, all-inclusive adventure, leisure, pleasure & vacation time plus 10 days Tacombi Holidays
- Tacos!: Sharing authentic Mexican taco culture means knowing it. Eat tacos every day on us!
- Cellphone: We cover a fixed amount of your phone bill every month.
- Commute: Easing your daily commute with Swipe-N-Save® transportation benefits.
- Referral Bonus: We are committed to working with and sharing our taco adventure with the best and brightest. If you can help us find Tacombi talent, we’ll show our appreciation and reward you.
- Growing set of benefits: always looking to take care of our own the best way we can.