The Foundation Operations and Data Base Coordinator serves as an integral part of the Foundation's efforts to support the College in raising friends & funds for TCC. This position works closely with the Director of Development and Fiscal Analyst in successfully managing resources directed toward the development efforts of the Foundation. This Position performs tasks that support the operations of the Foundation including gift processing, donor correspondence, event support and general clerical support for the Foundation. This position works with the Marketing Director to assess and execute the marketing needs for the Foundation. This position may also assist the VP for Advancement/Foundation Director and Foundation board president in board operational support as necessary.
This position is responsible for performing administrative and complex duties for the Foundation and acts as a point of contact for the Foundation to donors, friends of the college, administrators, faculty, staff, students and the public. This position collaborates with the Financial Aid Office Scholarship Coordinator for the marketing, posting, maintenance, and awarding of Foundation scholarships.
- Manage the operations of the Foundation office consistent with the goals, objectives and policies established by the College and the Foundation.
- Serve as the primary customer service point of contact for the Foundation to donors, college employees, students and the public; respond to inquiries and troubleshoot fiscal and administrative questions from all stakeholders.
- Provides confidential and complex support for VP for Advancement/Foundation Director and may include assistance with managing appointment calendar and scheduling meetings. Responsible for keeping the VP for Advancement/Foundation Director informed of significant items requiring review or action.
- Distributes annual endowment fund reports and summaries.
- Market, distribute, and collect Excellence Award nominations, and prepare data for the selection committee.
- Track and maintain contact information of scholarship recipients in FR50 for alumni marketing.
- Work on special projects, including presentations, and assist with Foundation special events such as scholarship auctions and annual fundraisers.
- Provide general office support such as maintaining log books, ordering office supplies.
- Proofread material, correct sentence structure, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Assist with creating Outlook meeting requests, track responses, and reserve meeting rooms.
- Assist event planner with coordination of set-up and tear down, recruitment of volunteers, event logistics, planning and follow-through.
- Support event efforts through list creations, invitation mailings, managing rsvp's, creating name tags and seating charts and other related duties as necessary.
- Support campus events related to campus Foundation accounts. Manage credit card transactions at Athletic events (e.g. Golf Tournament and Hall of Fame), bi-annual student Clay Sale, Write in the Harbor, etc.
- Coordinate with Marketing department in developing campus registration pages for online payments and targeted gift-in-kind forms (e.g. DMS conference, golf tournament, and Write in the Harbor); Ensure customer information for donation versus sales transactions are clear and nonprofit status information is used appropriately.
Donor Relations and Processing
- Manage donor database and gift processing for the TCC Foundation.
- Process donations using donor database software, reconcile incoming cash, checks and credit cards, and complete the bank deposit.
- Manage and coordinate the Abila Fundraising software system.
- Includes all inputting, receipting, tracking and coordinating of confidential donor information. Works in conjunction with the Fiscal Analyst to reconcile Abila FR 50 with Abila MIP.
- Manage and coordinate correspondence generated for gift processing in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain electronic file systems.
- Perform mail merge functions. Assist in the preparation and mailing of correspondence for acknowledgement of donations, pledges, gifts-in-kind, and other mailings.
- Assist in the preparation, compilation, and coordination of reports and records.
- Create queries and reports for event invitations, bi-annual ask campaigns, President's Circle events, TCC magazine/Annual Report, etc. Develop additional reports to calculate tax allowable totals (e.g. fair market values).
- Attend monthly Foundation committee and Board meetings and record/present relevant information as needed.
- Provide information related to gift processing for annual audit preparation.
Scholarship Coordination and Accounting
- Maintain and update donor scholarship agreements. Collaborate with Foundation Board to modify scholarship agreements to align with student population and needs.
- Collaborate with Foundation Board to gather donor scholarship profiles and enter and maintain profiles in scholarship software.
- Calculate annual scholarship awards according to scholarship agreements.
- Enter scholarship awards and donor criteria in scholarship software, AcademicWorks.
- Calculate and prepare annual scholarship award summary for scholarship donors and Foundation Board.
- Educate students, staff/faculty and the community about Foundation Scholarships: develop presentations and co-facilitate student workshops, classroom presentations, high school counselor training sessions, faculty retreats, etc.
- Support students through the application, awarding, and post-acceptance process.
- Assist with multiple scholarship program timelines and assist with communicating/marketing deadlines to all on campus.
- Assist students with writing thank you letters addressed to their donors; collect letters, and distribute packets including thank you letters, endowment reports, and event invitations.
- Prepare donor and student information for event script, program, and PowerPoint (e.g. summaries donor scholarships, student names for each scholarship, student name pronunciation, etc.). Point of contact for faculty, staff, and volunteer reviewers.
- Serve as liaison between the TCC Foundation and the Financial Aid Office scholarship coordinator. Provides accurate criteria and information for TCCF scholarships to the scholarship coordinator.
- Co-chair of scholarship review committee.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three years professional level experience
- Advanced level proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database & related business management software? Microsoft Office preferred.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadline with little supervision.
- Must be able to work well under pressure with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with current and potential donors, board members and other TCCF staff.
- Experience with fundraising and donor records systems.
- Experience with donor management software.
- Experience with creating documents, queries, mail merges, labels and forms.
- Demonstrated experience with donor development in higher education.
- Advanced level research skills.
Conditions of Employment
- Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for walking, standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and squat to file or retrieve files and event items; ability to push, pull, drag, lift and carry boxes and event items up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to arrange tables and chairs for meetings.
- Current, valid driver's license and vehicle to complete bank deposit. (preferred)
- Successfully pass a criminal history backgr