Software Product Engineering - Sr. Engineer - Software
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Senior Software Engineer supports and maintains software while delivering incremental improvements. This position works collaboratively with peer engineers, and with business stakeholders, balancing quality work and implementing best practices against business demands. Work must be carried out in a structured engineering process, respecting the special compliance considerations of healthcare data.
This is a remote role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work in an Agile development environment; actively participate in and contribute to all Scrum ceremonies.
- Design, develop and deliver software solutions per requirements and committed schedules. Work closely with Product Owner in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Test, debug and add enhancements to existing applications.
- Produce detailed technical specifications based on requirements and design.
- Ability to code review and provide recommendations for reliable and maintainable code.
- Analyze and research software requirements to determine feasibility of design and market requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Serve as a technical expert in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or complex enhancements to existing software.
- Resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved with integrating them with our Cloud and product infrastructure.
- Proactively raises problems and solutions to staff engineers and management.
- Communicate and propose solutions to updates, changes, and risks to stakeholders.
- Share knowledge to help develop and advance the team through mentorship.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or 4+ years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study preferred.
- Minimum of 5 yearsof software development experience with modern programming languages and concepts.
- Expertise in two or more general purpose programming languages, with ability to learn more.
- Experience using provided tools (Docker, Cloud Foundry, AWS, GCP, GitLab, New Relic, Sentry).
- Experience implementing high availability, high throughput, scalable systems.
- Experience with instrumentation, analytics and performance measurement
- Experience with agile methodology is a plus (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.) preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Experience in healthcare technology.
- Knowledge of e-prescribing standards and certifications, such as Meaningful Use, FHIR and/or HL7.
- Familiarity with ontologies such as SNOMED, RxNorm, LOINC, ICD-10, and NDC.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, flexible, and passionate about building quality software.
- Demonstrated ability to architect, design, develop and implement solutions around a micro-service and monolithic architectures.
- Skilled in written and verbal communication with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team and independently as needed.
- Has initiative and follow-through on projects with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Demonstrated expertise to work in multiple technical areas or disciplines.
- Familiar and capable with SQL and relational databases.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed.
Tabula Rasa HealthcareWhy Work Here?
Growing company with casual environment, generous benefits and growth opportunities!
TRHC provides patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize medication regimens. We improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. We deliver our solutions through a comprehensive suite of technology-enabled products and services for medication risk management and risk adjustment.
AddressMount Pleasant, SC